Saturday, October 16, 2010

music of the night.

Ever since I was little I have had a love for Phantom of the Opera.
I remember going when I was little and was so completely captivated by the music.
I remember going with my Grandma Jytta and just loving it (and also being a little scared and Grandma took care of me)
When I was little we use to have a tape of all the Phantom music and I loved listening to it.
We would listen to it on all of our road trips to Utah. 
I was listening to it once when I was little and couldn't get it to work and I screamed/ grunted in frustration. Little did I know it wasn't working because I had accidentally hit the record button. It definitely got my scream recorded over a part in one of the songs. For many years after I would listen to that tape and knew exactly when my noise was going to be played
(wait, what? I make funny noises? shocking.)
When I was in London I HAD to go see Phantom. 
And so Lillie and I went.

Two weeks ago when my dad said Phantom was coming to LA. I knew I HAD to go again. 
I mentioned that I wanted to go. that night we bought tickets.
And so this past Tuesday, KC and I went. 

I was SO happy. Counting down each day. Listening to the music everyday. 
The big day came. I got my hair did, put some heels on and KC picked me up.
We went to Hollywood and ate gourmet styled burgers at Umami Burger.
Awesome, unique, semi hole in the wall yet super trendy. 
Taylor would be so proud. Its right up our alley!
Then we walked up the street to the Pantages Theater. 
I totally love things like that. Eating and seeing a show in Hollywood. no big deal.

Before the show started KC had to tell me to not hyperventilate because then I would miss the whole show. Good point. Good thing he already knows me so well.
KC splurged a bit and our seats were amazing! about 20 rows back. right in the middle. 
It was amazing. No matter how many times I see it, I am totally taken away, captivated, close to tears, heartbroken and so in love. 
During intermission I told KC that I wish it was a sing along musical. I wanted so bad to just sing my little heart out!

We had such a good night. KC loved it and of course I was giddy and super excited. 
And still cant stop listening to the music. 

8 comments:

Kevin and Heather said...

Ha ha I can just see you hyperventilating. You are so beautiful! Love you!

kelly l said...

good thing you didn't sing or else kc might have wanted to sit by someone else. but i'm glad you had fun and didn't pass out.

Laura said...

if they ever do make a sing a long remind me not to go. or at least not to sit next to you.

Laura said...

and who is this kc character? i can't keep track of all the boys that frequent your blog.

Allison Barker said...

LOVE THIS. And you. that's all. See you on gchat tomorrow. haha.

N. Slade said...

and I quote..."The big day came. I got my hair did, put some heels on and KC picked me." Ha ha you twiterpated or what? Maybe Sec Eds really do need some El Ed help :) Love you girl! I still have yet to see that show and I really want to go! I want to hear about this KC boy!

Catherine said...

whos this boy? I approve.

B said...

Is that my favorite actor from The Best Two Years???

Leigh, I can't wait to see you this weekend!