I made my first trip back to Utah this past weekend. I went for my cousin Brooke's wedding, but decided to make a little trip of it and visit Provo and see some of my old crew.
Since I have lived in Provo for basically the past 4+ years, I have never visited that place since pre-college. Which was a completely new experience.
It was so weird to not have an apartment. to not have a car. to not have that place be my home.
Definitely a weird feeling to have to lug my suitcase with me for every pit stop that I went on during my weekend.
Throughout the weekend I kept thinking that it felt like I lived in Provo just yesterday, but then also had my moments that it already seemed like so long ago. However, it was a fabulous trip and I had so much fun!
It was a busy weekend!! It was short, but I wanted to see all of my P-Town peeps while I was there.
And with that, here is my recap...
Thursday. My first stop was to see with Ms. Dixon!! My DC roommate Jessica. I miss this girl like woah! Im pissed that we didnt get a photo together! How could we have missed that!? We did go on a great drive around Provo to see the fall colors while catching up on our lives.
She dropped me off to see Amanda Gedicks Moore. My UAC roomie. We ate RIO and it was goooood. She is recently married and I loved hearing about her new life as a married. She is stinkin cute and I miss her.
Amanda then dropped me off to see my lanai crew! Trent and Ronnie were nice enough to let me sleep on their couch for the night (I aint under no honor code these days). But the night was still young so we went to our favorite spot. YoZone. It was so great to see the Barkers and Drewbie too. At this point in my trip I was feeling real sad for not living in Provo. My other lanai friends that have moved on from Provo (Allie, Amy, Nick, Chanel) have all commented on that we have been extremely spoiled with our group of college friends. As much as I love all of my new ward friends here in LA, nothing will come close to my lanai friends.
Friday. I hung out with Kurt!
I have failed to mention that Kurt and I hung out a lot on Thursday. He was awesome enough to pick me up from the airport. I hadnt seen him in months and it was so great to hang out since he is such a great friend. We had lunch at El Gallo Giro. Kurt introduced me when I moved back to Provo and its one of my favorite places. He also introduced me to his van. aka his home.
Yup. Kurt is homeless and he loves it. He showed me where he parks his home, and I felt like I had been transported to the back woods of Kentucky. It was hilarious and I loved every second of it.

Kurt then dropped me off to see Cortney and Caitlin.
I have failed to mention that Kurt and I hung out a lot on Thursday. He was awesome enough to pick me up from the airport. I hadnt seen him in months and it was so great to hang out since he is such a great friend. We had lunch at El Gallo Giro. Kurt introduced me when I moved back to Provo and its one of my favorite places. He also introduced me to his van. aka his home.
Yup. Kurt is homeless and he loves it. He showed me where he parks his home, and I felt like I had been transported to the back woods of Kentucky. It was hilarious and I loved every second of it.
Kurt then dropped me off to see Cortney and Caitlin.
Cortney was one of my first friends in college, my first college roommates and still one of my very best friends. She had a baby two months ago and I have been dying to meet her! It is so weird to see one of my BFFs as a mom, but she is already great at it. Caitlin is adorable! And I loved holding her while chatting it up with Cort all day long. Seriously a highlight of the trip.
We then went and got dessert with Whitney and Morgan. Great to all be reunited again.
We then went and got dessert with Whitney and Morgan. Great to all be reunited again.
Saturday. Wedding Day.
I have been dying for Brooke and Derek to get married!
I met Derek a few years ago in a Psych class we had together. I thought he was a funny kid and we became friends. Coincidentally I found out he use to date my cousin Brooke, when she came home from her mission they started to date again. I told Derek I wanted them to get married because then he would be my cousin. Good thing he listened to me! It was so great to be with my whole family as well as see my extended family as well. And to enjoy some of the fall weather that we miss out on here in California.
I have been dying for Brooke and Derek to get married!
I met Derek a few years ago in a Psych class we had together. I thought he was a funny kid and we became friends. Coincidentally I found out he use to date my cousin Brooke, when she came home from her mission they started to date again. I told Derek I wanted them to get married because then he would be my cousin. Good thing he listened to me! It was so great to be with my whole family as well as see my extended family as well. And to enjoy some of the fall weather that we miss out on here in California.
The wedding was absolutely beautiful. We lucked out with avoiding the rain and had a great time at the Provo Temple and Sundance for the reception. I loved it and took lots of notes of things I want at my future wedding, whenever that may be.
Sunday. Family time in Ogden. Although my family isnt that big, I feel like with the distance its sometimes hard to all be together. So when we are, I absolutely love it. It was great to spend Saturday night with my sisters and brothers in law and then to have Sunday to be with all the kids.
And hence, it was a great trip. Ive got lots of BFFs, and so it was fun to see them all. To see Provo and to see my family and my cousin who I adore get married in the Temple.
8 comments:
great post leigh! but then any post i am in is great. and we are glad we missed the snow, eh? you are going to be so mad at me for saying this....but kelly looks blonder than you. never noticed it before. and just fyi, i am sitting here inhaling the bag of chiptole chips, but still thinking about your pumpkin cookies. will you save me one...please...with cream cheese frosting :)
i want a pumpkin cookie with cream cheese frosting. i love that you put in the picture of me with laura cut out of it. funny. i also love that you look like a shrimp next to brooke and derek. that was a good post. i didn't realize how busy you were down in provo. come visit again soon please. and please upload all those pictures for me. asap.
so fun lee lee! I wish I could have been there so bad :( I'm glad you got to see everyone!
Thanks for this fun sweet post Leigh and especially for coming and being here with us! Thanks for the photos...who knows...you may be the only one to capture my surprise. Thank you!!
Can't believe that I forgot to mention your unbelievable photo! Really people, Leigh is right when she says that Rick NEVER smiles in photos. Many, many photographers have tried throughout the years...and so you are good Leigh!
wish i was there with you!
Cute picture!! you sure know how to have a great time when you visit utah!!
Fun Leigh! I love the pictures of the bag pipes - I won't get any because I had already told her to go home. I am so happy you flew all the way to Utah for the wedding!! Thank Leigh, we were both glad you were there.
Post a Comment