One of my favorite things about living in Utah during my college days were trips to North Ogden.
I know, sounds kinda crazy.
But my oldest sister Kelly happens to live there.
At the start of my freshman year I tried to make a weekend trip there every month. Im proud to say I kept with it all through my Provo days.
At the start of my freshman year I tried to make a weekend trip there every month. Im proud to say I kept with it all through my Provo days.
Attended lots of soccer games, a few dance recitals and lots of babysitting.
I loved going to Ogden to escape Provo life for a bit.
During my lonely months my sophomore year, I needed Ogden.
And I loved having the extra time to be with my sister and get to know her kids.
I especially loved the opportunity to meet Kate in the hospital.
Probably one of the most difficult things about living in LA is being away from this part of my family. I seriously miss my carefree Ogden weekends.
Drewbie and Me. February 2007.
Drewbie and Me. February 2007.
Although I have made many trips to Utah since moving out, I have been a terrible sister and aunt and have not made it to Ogden for a visit.
Last weekend that changed. We had our Robins Reunion in SLC over the weekend. I told my parents I wanted to go to Ogden after the reunion to see Kel and told them they were not invited to join--I wanted just my own time with her and the kids.
So I headed back to the Beehive State (during Pioneer Day no less!) for our family reunion.
I seriously love me some Robins Rendezvous.
I love my crazy, confusingly huge family.
Representing the Dan Robins part of the family with our blue bandannas. Sadly this is the only photo I took at the reunion.
Representing the Dan Robins part of the family with our blue bandannas. Sadly this is the only photo I took at the reunion.
This year we had a "Robins Roundup" full of square dancing, a talent show, family skits, Music & the Spoken Word, tour of the Conference Center and lots of chatting and catching up.
The rest of my time was spent in Pleasant View (as they have now moved from the NO).
We hit the pool, played games, went bowling, did lots of tackling, danced in the basement, watched the Justin Bieber movie, shopped SLC, painted Kate's nails, was a terrible babysitter and just chilled.
Jumping photo on Mars.
And I loved it.
I need more weekends with those kids, I love them so much.
Lucky for me they are coming to California in two days!
Beach, pool and tackling are in my future.
Dancing along side these three girls could not have been more fun.
Sometimes I paid closer attention to their dance moves than Katy's.
Thanks Utah!
good to see you every few months.
Sometimes I paid closer attention to their dance moves than Katy's.
Thanks Utah!
good to see you every few months.









3 comments:
isn't pleasant view just a fancy name for north ogden :) those kids are pretty cute. did you and chanel plan on matching? and cute side ponytail.
did i miss something here? like YOU??? whaaaaat just happened?
i'm glad you like visiting us up in p-town (as it should be called now). and no, it's not a fancy name for north ogden.
Post a Comment