Wednesday, August 31, 2011

cue OC theme song.

I have developed somewhat of a pattern in my life from the last two Saturdays. 
Trips to Orange County  
Dinner at Cafe Rio. 
Both sound pretty good to me.

My cousin Brooke was in town visiting her sister Jenny for the weekend. I havent seen Brookie or Jen and her fam since October at Brooke's wedding. Brooke lives in Boston so there are limited opportunities to have  family reunions with her. Thankfully she emailed us about getting together and my dad and I had a chance to meet up for dinner. At Cafe Rio, nonetheless.  

I absolutely love spending time with family.  
It was great to catch up with Brooke and get the scoop on married life. Brooke is my idol when it comes to marriage, as she shows that it is perfectly ok to get married at 25 and up. Thanks Brookie! And great to see Jen & Kimball and their cute kids. 
Love those Svendsen girls!

And just the past Saturday I drove back to OC to hang out with Taylor. And of course I insisted on another Cafe Rio stop for dinner. 
matching teees.
Taylor loved my outfit so much he wanted to match! Now thats a compliment. 

Tay and I just chilled all weekend long together. And we loved it. We got all nostalgic on each other and reminisced about our long ago college days and even felt like we were living the Lanai all over again. Just hanging out together and watching some TV. 
Taylor summed it perfectly as he said:
 we're all the entertainment we need!
true story tay!

3 comments:

BBS said...

I am so glad you got together! I love seeing the photos...very fun!

kelly l said...

i'm glad that you had fun with the svendsen cousins. and you and taylor are dorks. 'nuff said.

B said...

I'm so happy you posted this picture so I can steal it! Leigh you are so adorable and I hope we see each other again soon!! Thanks for coming to meet me.