Monday, August 29, 2011

Valley Ventures: Santee Alley

Last Saturday I ventured to Santee Alley with Rudy and Tom.
I have heard of this place before from Tom but didnt exactly know much about it.
We took the metro into Downtown
(which has become one of my favorite activities. love public transit into the big city)
and walked to the semi fashion district of LA. 
The streets were jammed packed with shoppers with tons of stores to go into.
But the real place to go is the actual Alley which definitely reminds me of NYC shopping for all things knock-off.
However, Santee Alley is A LOT more ghetto. I mean, this is LA...
aka I was like the only white person 
A highlight of the day was my continuation of being a hot dog connoisseur. And although I have only been to two LA hot dog places, I think I already found the best in town. Anyone that has been in downtown before can always smell the bacon wrapped hot dogs that are literally sold on every corner. 
wrapped in bacon, smothered in grilled onions and peppers and topped with ketchup and mustard.
the best are sold out of ghetto shopping carts with the grills placed on top from little ladies that dont speak any english. 
they are so legit. 
the are a must have with a stop in Downtown.
After hot dogs and Santee Alley, the three of us hopped back on the metro and headed to Union Station and Olvera Street. 
Other Downtown faves.
with a must have filled churro. sooooo gooood. 
i love lazy Saturdays wandering the streets of LA with two of my favorite people. 

1 comment:

B said...

I've never seen such a beautiful girl before with a hotdog in hand!