Monday, July 4, 2011

what so proudly we hailed, at the twilights last gleaming.

Happy 4th of July!!
I LOVE America.
I LOVE jumping photos! Jessica and I outside Independence Hall, location of the signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia. Nov. 09.

I LOVE George Washington. 
I love everything to do with the founding of this country.
I love the Revolutionary War.
I love hearing stories of how the colonists were discouraged, without supplies, cold with poor clothing, not formally trained soldiers, did not have proper war strategies and were still able to beat and conquer the Red Coats. 
I love Valley Forge. 
I love the Continental Army.
I love Bunker Hill.
I love the Continental Congress.
I love Lexington and Concord.
I love the signing of the Declaration of Independence. 
I love Thomas Jefferson for writing such inspired words.
I love the Founding Fathers. 
I love the Colonists militia taking over Dorchester Heights.
I love the crossing of the Delaware River on Christmas Day.
Nothing brings me more joy than learning and appreciating the struggles that so many endured to found a country in which we can enjoy so many freedoms. 
I love history so much because it further deepens my love for this country. 
I love America. And  I am so proud to be an American. 
Happy 4th of July!

However, that being said, I hope you all know that the Declaration of Independence was actually first approved on July 2nd.


3 comments:

Todd Castagna said...

did you write this? i didn't know you were such a history buff!

kelly l said...

you're such a cute history nerd. in a thing for scouts, seth had to write about what makes america special, and amongst things like having family, friends, food to eat, and being able to go to school, he included not being tortured.

B said...

And it was read on July 18th from the Old State House in Boston (and read every year since on July 4th from that location. I just happened to be at yesterday!) Glad you love the 4th too.