Tuesday, July 5, 2011

wedding, reunion and foof.

As if I havent mentioned it enough, I was extremely blessed with the most amazing group of college friends a girl could ask for. 
the Lanai Crew. 
Living in the best apartment complex for 3+ years, makes an amazing group of friends. Although we have all moved on from Lanai, and mostly moved on from Provo and BYU, we are still a great crew. A group of friends that never cease to keep in touch and often get together for reunions. 
Most of these reunions are in the form of weddings, but nonetheless, I absolutely love that at these weddings our crew comes back together, all traveling some distances to reunite and celebrate. 
(you all better come to my wedding or I will kill you)

Back in September I was sitting in Bardi's car outside Cafe Rio in Las Vegas with some of my very best friends, after we had just been to a Lanai wedding of our friends James and Karly Barker . We sat there and discussed who would be next of our Lanai Crew to get married. We all guessed Ronnie SquireS. And right we were! So this past weekend marked one of those reunion/ wedding weekends.

A great part of the weekend was my blogging guru and BFF Allie was in town to not only visit the above mentioned Jimmy B, her twin, but also to attend the wedding. 

I took Friday off of work in order to spend some time with the Barkers down in Orange County.
We went to Balboa Island and enjoyed some signature frozen bananas.

We then took off to Temecula to attend the reception. 
Ronnie and Mikael Squires were married last Friday and the whole crew got together for the wedding. 
I have been friends with Ronnie from the beginning of my Lanai career and he is absolutely one of my most favorite people ever. He has overcome many physical trials in his life and is such an amazing inspiration to me. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met! I never cease to laugh hysterically while I am in his presence. I have loved hearing his ridiculous stories, watching countless hours of Man v. Food at his apartment and intense work outs at the gym.

The garden reception was beautiful! I would have taken more pictures but it was just one of those things that pictures wouldnt do it justice. Ronnie and Mikael were beautiful and glowing.

The Lanai gang was all huddled around one table all trying to catch up on each others lives.

I also love being with this gang because nothing has changed when we get back together. We had a blast at the reception, although it went by too fast.


On Saturday, back in Orange County, JB and KB were awesome enough to plan a BBQ at Dana Point for the gang. Perfect beach with the harbor in the distance.

We had some problems getting the grill started.
Took lots of pictures.

Played some football.
Laughed lots.
And played foof. The made up football/ frisbee golf made up by the boys. Highlight of the day. 
So much fun! I wish I could do this every Saturday. Im keeping my fingers crossed that we can have a repeat of our LA trip of 09 later this summer. 
And I know, Im super obsessed with this group of friends. Im sorry. 

Saturday night I crashed a wedding with T Hoyt. 
The highlight there was seeing X-Tina! Such a surprise that she was also in OC for the weekend. 
WOO! Loved that weekend. Love the Lanai!

3 comments:

Laura said...

sorry i havent been commenting on your posts, you just have had too many. I am pretty sure foof is a game from wii.

Allison Barker said...

love this post. and loved this weekend. miss you!

kelly l said...

I like how you refer to living at Lanai as your "career." Glad you're never bored.