Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shopping and Phantom!

I started the day off with another run through Hyde Park. I wanted to sleep in but last night on our walk home from dinner I ate a whole chocolate Flake bar, so to justify eating it and I had to go running this morning. It was already warm out at 8 when I left, so i was afraid it was going to be a super hot day but luckily its not as bad (definitely not as brutal as sun/mon). I didnt enjoy running with the sun out though. The last two times I went through Hyde Park (technically its Kensington Gardens, but whatev.) it was cooler and cloudy--so it just made it more peaceful and calm. Today since it was the opposite it just seemed more busy and had a different feel to it.



Today was our last day of class!! Well im sure we will get lectured on the bus next week, but im also sure that I wont pay attention. Its so weird to think that we are on the downhill of this trip. For awhile I was scared/annoyed that I would have to go to class during the summer, but it was such a breeze and super easy. I feel like we always get off on random discussions though, so its really frustrating. The last hour of class was filled with book or dialect presentations. Afterwards I was so tired and exhausted from it. i dont know how sitting for an hour can pull all of my energy but it somehow did. Everyone just talked for way too long. After I came home for some lunch. The best part of which was when Rachel spilled a huge spoonful of yogurt on herself. That was the most hilarious moment ever. Rachel is the funniest person ever, she had us all cracking up so much that I thought i was going to pee my pants. haha. Then I was off to do some shopping with Rachel. At first i was just going to go buy myself but Rachel was also dying to go shopping so we went off together. Not only have i been really good with my money but Don also gave us an extra 100 pound last week and said he was going to give us 50 more later--so i knew it was time to go do some spending. We first went off to H&M and i bought a jacket that i have been thinking of buying for some time. Then we went to Topshop. I wanted to buy these really cute sandals that Hillary and Christine have (luckily since i probably wont hang out with them much in provo, i figured i could buy them too). But the freakin sizes in this country suck! and i have the hardest time figuring out what size shoe i am. The size 5 was too big and the size 4 was too small. Then i finally found a good size 4 but it only fit my right foot and not my left. Im afraid that i have developed the same problem as dad of having two different size feet. But i did buy some really cute high heels. They were on sale for 30 pound (originally 55) so i figured thats a good price--even for the dollar. So i go to buy them and they ring up as 20 pound. sweeeeeet! such a good buy.



Lillie and I had made plans to try and go see Mamma Mia tonight. We had heard that it had been sold out on a lot of nights but we wanted to go try anyways. We got there and sure enough it was sold out. I think the fact that there is a movie out about it makes more people want to go see it. (myself included). We were bummed but we had a back up plan. We knew that the theater that the Phantom of the Opera was playing at was close by--so if we couldnt get into mammia mia we were going to try that. We got a little lost trying to find the theatre, but we found it and we got in! The only seats left were ones right behind a pole. Kind of a bummer but i heard from two other girls who went the night before that it wasnt that bad. We had some time to kill so we went to the restaurant Wagamama--a place that we have been wanting to go to for awhile, so it was perfect because it was so close. It was a really cool restaurant and lillie and i got to sit in our own little room/booth. The restaurant kinda reminded me of a converted bomb shelter, very interesting. The place serves noodles and it was super good, and i even ate my whole meal with chopsticks! I was a little nervous about actually being able to do it, but i stuck with it and it was great--i thought dad would be very proud of me. After dinner we rushed back to the theatre just in time for the show. it was kinda annoying to sit behind a pole, but i think it more frustrating to be so far back. I would have preferred to sit closer, but oh well. I was surprised at how much i didnt remember from the play. I know i have seen it a few times but i guess it has been a few years since the last time. It was amazing of course! After the first song I had goosebumps! I got flashbacks of lots of memories of going to see the play and listening to those songs over and over again for so many years. It also reminded me of grandma...didnt I see it with her the first time? if not, i still thought about her and missed her. lillie had never seen it before and of course loved it. The best part of the play was that the people sitting next to lillie left like right after intermission so we got to sit in their sits, so no pole for the second half! So it was great. Im so happy that i saw Phantom! My favorite play ever! The worst part of the day has to be the fact that i didnt get my daily read of the londonpaper while on the tube. Such a bummer. Im going to miss those a ton. But i guess i never sit on the tube at home, so it wont really be a problem, but still. Tomorrow we have a day trip so that should be fun, we are going to Canterbury so im really excited about it since Thomas Beckett is from there! i love beckett.

sorry no pictures today, i actually didnt even talk any.

3 comments:

kelly l said...

i'm really upset that you didn't "talk" any pictures on wednesday. i really wanted to see pictures that talked. well, i guess those would be called comics, but whatever. i like seeing things behind a pole - that's what we did our whole full season of ohio state fooball - but i digress. glad that you saw phantom, and i'm almost positive that we took grandma to see it once.

Anonymous said...

Chopstick mastery. Your trip abroad has not been for naught.

Laura said...

so how many pounds did you cost? you said you were going to go "buy" yourself. hee hee. ok, enough w/ the making fun of leigh for her lack of proof reading, jokes. i LOVED wagamamas! i totally had forgotten the name but remember going there. how fun. glad you got to go see a play. and i think (maybe) mamma mia is coming to LA? so maybe you can see it here.