For my marathon training I have been doing as much downhill running as possible.
That means each Saturday I wake up at 5 am, drive myself all the way up Emigration Canyon, run all the way down and back to my house.
And make one of my roommates drive me back up to my car.
Sounds a little awful, but also rather enjoyable.
Emigration Canyon is so beautiful.
I have loved running down through the Canyon and enjoying how scenic it is.
So when one of these runs I came out of the Canyon and saw I sign for the Emigration Half, I thought, Why not!?
I knew the course pretty well but definitely started having extreme anxiety when I drove myself to the starting line.
The first 4 miles were uphill. And driving down what I was soon about to run up was pretty terrifying.
By 7:10 we were off and despite the difficulty, the up hill battle was beautiful.
I knew the course pretty well but definitely started having extreme anxiety when I drove myself to the starting line.
The first 4 miles were uphill. And driving down what I was soon about to run up was pretty terrifying.
By 7:10 we were off and despite the difficulty, the up hill battle was beautiful.
And the downhill was awesome.
I really loved it and was pretty proud of myself due to the uphill without ever training on hills and I didnt want to push myself too hard with the marathon just around the corner.
I ran into the finish line and was immediately upset that I was not welcomed with a medal being put around my neck.
I will never. ever. run another race that does not give me a medal.
Aub Dawg was nice enough to come meet me at the finish line.
Mostly cause she had to drive me back up to get my car.
But its always nice to be met with a smiling face at the finish.
I really loved it and was pretty proud of myself due to the uphill without ever training on hills and I didnt want to push myself too hard with the marathon just around the corner.
I ran into the finish line and was immediately upset that I was not welcomed with a medal being put around my neck.
I will never. ever. run another race that does not give me a medal.
Aub Dawg was nice enough to come meet me at the finish line.
Mostly cause she had to drive me back up to get my car.
But its always nice to be met with a smiling face at the finish.








4 comments:
I am so impressed with all your accomplishments. Amazed!!
I do feel really bad that you didn't get a medal. I mean even at the worst half marathon ever, we got a medal. And a flashing LED lighted one at that. But good job even without the proof. I keep my bibs too. It's good for something.
Yay for another half! Yeah keep your bib. At least you got some good pics and you looked really cute
love the pink doorag ;) how'd you do?
Post a Comment