Welcome to the suburbs y'all!
When I moved to the Aves last year I felt like I was living in the city.
Close to downtown, no free parking and not talking to any neighbors.
I literally never talked to anyone.
Everyone minded their own business, they didn't care we had parties and we could park any where we wanted on 3rd Ave.
And then I moved to Wilson Ave. in Sugarhouse.
Where the neighbors are up in our business, stand outside of our house during the parties and yell at us for parking on the street, which is public parking.
The only explanation I can think of is that I must be in some family suburb livin' now.
We have become friends with one neighbor on the block who has filled us in with everything we have gotten into by living on Wilson Ave.
Our next door neighbor is old. And does not drive and does not leave the house.
But we cant park in front of her house.
The German family across the street.
We cant park there because their son "plays soccer" and we wouldn't want the soccer ball to dent our car...
We have Shirley.
The grouchy lady across the street who stays home all day and eaves drops in everyones business.
And we must decorate our house for Halloween. Or else.
With all of this going on and I couldn't help but compare our street to my beloved Wisteria Lane of Desperate Housewives.
Where everyone was in everyone's business and Karen McCluskey was the grouchy neighbor.
Its taken some getting use to.
We even received a "nice" welcoming letter from Shirley.
After she had yelled at Aubry for 30 mins about parking on the street.
This constant reminder of Wisteria Lane prompted Aubry and I to start a DH marathon.
We are quickly finishing up season one.
When I moved to the Aves last year I felt like I was living in the city.
Close to downtown, no free parking and not talking to any neighbors.
I literally never talked to anyone.
Everyone minded their own business, they didn't care we had parties and we could park any where we wanted on 3rd Ave.
And then I moved to Wilson Ave. in Sugarhouse.
Where the neighbors are up in our business, stand outside of our house during the parties and yell at us for parking on the street, which is public parking.
The only explanation I can think of is that I must be in some family suburb livin' now.
We have become friends with one neighbor on the block who has filled us in with everything we have gotten into by living on Wilson Ave.
Our next door neighbor is old. And does not drive and does not leave the house.
But we cant park in front of her house.
The German family across the street.
We cant park there because their son "plays soccer" and we wouldn't want the soccer ball to dent our car...
We have Shirley.
The grouchy lady across the street who stays home all day and eaves drops in everyones business.
And we must decorate our house for Halloween. Or else.
With all of this going on and I couldn't help but compare our street to my beloved Wisteria Lane of Desperate Housewives.
Where everyone was in everyone's business and Karen McCluskey was the grouchy neighbor.
Its taken some getting use to.
We even received a "nice" welcoming letter from Shirley.
After she had yelled at Aubry for 30 mins about parking on the street.
This constant reminder of Wisteria Lane prompted Aubry and I to start a DH marathon.
We are quickly finishing up season one.


4 comments:
Oh my gosh! I'm dying! I lived in a place like that. A bunch of unspoken rules! Ugh good luck!
Leigh, I remember Wilson Street antics all too well! So many nutty neighbors trying to enforce so many outlandish "rules." Always up in arms about cars being parked on the very public street. A couple friends of our household had tires slashed in front of our next door neighbors' house. Unreal. We were such mild neighbors, too. Just 4 friendly, gainfully employed, church-going, non-partying girls, who also mowed the lawn and kept up the yard. Never could figure out the crotchety vibe in that hood.
I hope you have a blast living on Wilson Avenue!
You realize you posted your neighbor's phone number? Whoopsie. I'm glad things are settling down for you crazy teachers.
Post a Comment