Monday, March 25, 2013

the bachelor brings people together.


The bachelor is all about finding love, making connections and breaking down walls. 
Although highly unsuccessful at the above, the bachelor is truly successful in bringing friendships together. 
It doesnt matter how ridiculous the show gets, I wouldnt think twice to say that every girl in America watches the show. 
Monday nights are sacred. 

Through the years I can always recall the girls I gathered around with to watch the show, it alway makes it more fun to watch with friends. 
When I moved to California, I was a little sad because I didnt think I had anyone to watch the show with. 
I wrote about that bachelor season here. And some of my thoughts are the same. 
I slowly started inviting some girls over to watch the show. 
Some had never really seen it before, but who doesnt love some good girl drama and love? 
it easily became a commonality between me and my new friends. 
And before I knew it, about 13 girls gathered at my house each week to watch the show. 
It was the highlight of my week. 

And probably one of my most fondest memories will living my LA life. 
I will argue the case that our Bachelor viewing parties was one of the main things that brought that group of friends together. 
I got to know these girls so much better as we bonded every Monday. 
It really helped bring us together and solidified the amazing group of friends that I had. 
We laughed, cried and screamed together all season long. 
Those were great memories. 
And now, I believe the bachelor has done it again. 
I was no Sean fan, but I will watch The Bachelor till the day I die. 
{Or the sad day when they realize no one actually gets married and it gets cancelled.}
So when the season was starting up in January I knew it was time again to try my hand at the Bachelor parties. 
Living in SLC has been a little bit more difficult for me with making friends. Its just a different style of living. 
But the Sunday before and even at FHE that Monday, I invited a few girls to come watch the show. 
I didn't get as nearly as many girls to come watch, but had the same results. 
Abby, Aubry, Chelsey and I started watching it together each week. 
And bonded each episode. 
We passed our ice cream carton back and forth numerous times this season and probably laughed more from Aubry's hilarious commentary each week than the actual show. 
Making friends with these girls this year has been such a blessing and came at a time when I think we all kinda needed it the most. 
I am grateful that the Bachelor keeps creating my friendships for me.
We hate when we go more than a day without seeing each other and LOVE that we live just blocks away and are now in a desperate need to find something to look forward to each week.

5 comments:

Evan and Amber said...

SURVIVOR! Wednesday 8/7 central! SERIOUSLY!

Laura said...

So happy you've found some good friends. Everyone needs good girlfriends.

kelly l said...

I love that you've found your own "love" watching the Bachelor. And if you find a good show, pass it on to me. I'm settling into post-Bachelor depression.

Ann said...

I love your SLC friends!!

Alana Tolley said...

Leigh, Where are you living these days? I'm on the east side of the Salt lake Valley (Cottonwood heights). if you're at all close by, i might invite myself to your viewing parties to expand your circles (I think the Voice would be a fun new one if the bachelor is over)