I went to Disneyland with my family. And then like three
weeks later I went back.
But this time with my SLC friends.
Abby was on Spring Break and had never been to Disneyland.
Wait, what!? That’s crazy.
So when her and Aubry posed the questions of taking a
roadtrip to California and going to Disneyland…how could I refuse that?
Abby and Aubry are probably my funniest friends. Especially
combined.
The thought of a 10 year car drive with them and Disneyland in the
same trip was the best idea. Ever.
We had to wait and leave on Wednesday when I got off work.
Which ended up being around 4:30. Needless to say it was a long car drive with
a 3 AM arrival time to Granada Hills.
Coming back home is always a little difficult. And
especially since I drove my car there. I was pretty close to just keeping me
and Lulu in the valley and having Abbs and Aubs finding a new way back to the
SLC.
Thursday consisted of going to the Santa Monica Pier and
then laying by the pool cause we didn’t know the beach was going to have sub zero
temps.
We strolled Hollywood and then the Temple at night.
Friday was our Disneyland day! It was the happiest of days.
We ate lots of fried food and went on every ride we wanted to. I will say—I
love going with nieces and nephews and large groups of friends, but there is
quite the difference of going to Dland with just two other really close friends. It was so fun and more manageable with just the
three of us.
We laughed so hard and were completely exhauseted by the end
of the day.
15 hour Disneyland trip.
We took it like Champs.
Except Abby when she got sick. Or slept. Depending on how you look at it.
Saturday we were in Aubry’s hometown of Torrance. She gave
us a great tour and we hit the beach for a bit so that Abby could feel the
water of the Pacific Ocean.
And allowed for this moment…
{This West Virginian redneck hick was really excited for the ocean}
We hot tubbed it up later and hung out with some of my NR3
crew. I am so glad they stopped by to say hi. I love them so much and miss them
daily.
Some great moments and definite highlights of our road trip to CA:
-Abby eating all of the pretzels before we even left Salt
Lake.
-Coming to the realization that Aubry has a really strong
personality.
-Hearing for realsies every 10 seconds.
-The break up song.
-eating everything fried.
-screaming “make it stop” and literally crying on Tower of
Terror.
-making the worst decision ever of our Dland adventure by
waiting till 11pm to get in line for Tower of Terror. Ok, actually Id like to
forget that buuut we were super delirious during that wait and it was kinda
hilarious
-Abby eating all of the Quake rice quakes by herself.
-getting made fun of for wanting to ride the Mater ride and
yet it was probably the most fun we had on a ride together.
-getting stuck on the Mater ride. Like literally. We couldn’t
get out of the seats.
-Abby and I riding the new Cars ride together after Aubry
declaring she needs no friends at Disneyland.
-Abby sleeping the whole trip.
-Blaming everything bad on Mickey’s Fun Wheel. Worst ride ever, and really not fun at all.
-Janky. Everything’s
Janky.
-Practicing our Spice Girls lip sync for about 5 hours of
our car ride.
-Did Aubry even go on the trip? Doesn’t seem like it from
the photos.
-“Happy Birthday Abby!”
-Aubry talking to herself for TEN minutes while Abby and I
laughed.
-laughing. We laughed a lot.


























5 comments:
You're funny. I'm glad you guys had fun. And Mickey's fun ride has never looked fun to me.
Sounds like a fun trip, even though I only saw you for 5 minutes and didn't even make the cut. I can only imagine how glorious Disneyland would be with no kids
I like how some of the best memories consist of me eating. That's fine. I remember those times daily
1. You also forgot my sunburn.
2. Me hobbling everywhere
3. You eating all the fruit snacks
4. What's in Aubry's mouth game
I've decided that 3 is the perfect number to go to Disneyland with, which is good because me + 2 kids =3. Greg refuses to go to Disneyland ever again.
Glad you stayed in GH. Great pictures. I love Abbey & Aubrey, you too.
Post a Comment