The Robins fam kept up our Thanksgiving day tradition alive this year.
2nd Annual. Hollywood Park Horse Races.
I may or may not have even ousted the Anderson fam for the holidays, {but dont worry! they joined us for dinner a few days later}so my parents and I could take in the races and maybe some friendly horse betting.
I was just as excited to attend the races this year, as I was last Thanksgiving.
And this year we adopted one of my favorite friends Linden as part of our family to come along with us.
We even pretended to be 17 and 19 year old sisters so that we could get discounted tickets...is that bad?? But I loved having her as a sister for the day! And also loved that she enjoyed the races too!
We witnessed seven races throughout the day.
Before each race we would go down below and check out the horses. See which one we liked the best.
Then we have to do our research and read up on each horse and how they have performed in past races.
Or if you are Linden, pick a horse based off the jockey's name and just keep picking him each race.
Make our pick and then before you know it, its race time!
Such excitement comes while watching those horses run!! Its amazing and a sight to see!
You cant help but join the crowd and yelling and cheering on your horse.
We may or may not have placed a bet on some horses for one race.
It was a bust.
Linden's horse got injured and didnt even finish. And mine came in dead last. While dad's horse (which he didnt put money on) won! I guess thats our lesson in breaking commandments...
We enjoyed fabulous Thanksgiving day sandwiches while cheering on the horses.
And we even got to meet the man that sounds the trumpet before each race!
I loved him. And he did some magic tricks for us after.
And dont forget all the great people watching. I didnt snap as many gems as I did last year.
loooooved all the cowboy hats.
I really love the horse races. Call me crazy, but its so much fun and I cant wait till next year!
Although, if anyone wants to go with me before next Thanksgiving I can easily be persuaded.
The rest of our day included having waffles for dinner and seeing Arthur Christmas with Linden and Shylettera{which technically goes against everything I stand for: doing any Christmas activities before I celebrate Thanksgiving. But since I forced my fam to celebrate turkey day later in the week, I figured we could go}
And a few days later we celebrated Thanksgiving with Laura, Matt, the kiddies and Shylettera was adopted into our family for the holidays.
Sadly, I failed and took no photos. I was too delirious from fasting all day in preparation for the meal.
Which was well worth it.
and now...on to Christmas!!













2 comments:
so you lied, bet, and probably drank beer. all with a member of the stake presidency. nice. and so sorry that there will not be a third annual trip next year on thanksgiving...i mean my birthday.
Leigh,
I can easily be persuaded next year to go to the races with you and Chase. I am 100% positive that Laura will not mind if we are only gone for a few hours (yeah right!)
Post a Comment