On Friday we had our 2nd Annual Secret Santa gift exchange.
Our good friend Trevor, who is our resident Mr. Holly Jolly, organized our gift exchange yet again.
We picked names two weeks ago.
Had our first Christmas party last Friday.
And our gift exchange this past weekend.
{BTW. I was a busy bee on Friday night before the party. Getting home. Finishing up the brownies I made. Wrapping presents, get myself together. Going to my work Christmas party. Then heading to Shy's for our party. In the hustle and bustle I didnt bring my camera. Please bear with my phone photos.}
Before our exchange, a couple of us decorated gingerbread houses.
Trevor and Rudy decorated one and obviously were a little jealous of how amazing the gingerbread house I made with Linden, Dean and Heather.
But lets be real, who wouldnt be jealous of that work of art?
Dean got real into the spirit of gingerbread making, which even included eating parts of our house at the end of the night.
We then exchanged our presents!!
I absolutely love our Secret Santa parties and I was so incredibly happy.
We gather round and Trevor acts as Santa. He picks one gift at a time for someone to open. We get two guesses to pick our secret present giver. If not guessed accurately the secret Santa is revealed and Trevor requires {although lets be real we are all friends and its not really required} the two to hug in the "true spirit of Christmas."
{Christina had the most creative way to wrap Duran's present. The tape around that box was never ending!! We were dying with laughter. And I still wish Tom would have gotten Trevor a Dodger shirt instead}
{Linden opening her present and accurately guessing her secret santa Lillie! Shy opening the present I got her!}
{Lillie got lots of earrings from Valerie.}
{Now we can tell by Shy's face that she was Brady's Secret Santa. He got a gift of a skinny tie and cool socks.}
{Moments after Tom and Trevor exchanged a hug}
I seriously just loved sitting in a big circle with 20 of my most favorite friends exchanging presents in this holiday season.
Everyone was so excited. Everyone gave such thoughtful presents to each person.
{And surprisingly most people guessed their Secret Santa after the first try.}
And I sat there and was so happy that I have been blessed, once again, with an amazing group of friends. Friends that were all so excited about Christmas. That all cared about everyone so much to participate in such a fun party.
It was pretty neat. and I loved it. Like a lot.








2 comments:
wish we were together to do a gift exchange!
That looks like so much fun Leigh! What did you get? Not that it matters.
Post a Comment