seriously. how does this keep happening.
how does the year go by so fast!?
I guess the statement is true, that as you get older the years goes by faster.
I feel as if I didnt accomplish many of my goals stated in my last year in review post, but....
in general, 2011 was a great year.
It was the first time {since high school} that I have lived in California for an entire year.
First time I have spent an entire year working. full time. all day every day.
It was a lot less stressful than last year. I freaked out less about my life plans.
I didnt move out, but I loved living at home, and close to my family.
I love all of my friends I have made.
I didnt find love, but learned more lessons from the douche bags I continue to date.
And I didnt get my heartbroken nearly as bad as last year, so thats an improvement.
However there was a change of entering more into the "adulthood" thing.
And with that, here is how I was living the LA life, all year long...
January.
I rang in the new year by camping out at the Rose Parade with my friends. Was very blessed with a full time job offer that literally fell into my lap. I went to Utah and endured the cold to have a reunion with Annie, Christina, Taylor, Whitney, Cortney and Chanel. I turned the big 2-4 and had about 3 parties to celebrate.
current events of the month: violence and revolt took over Egypt following the example of the Tunisian Revolt. Tragic shooting of House Representative Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona.
February.
My best friend Alyssa got married in the Los Angeles temple. Slowly my Bachelor viewing parties grew larger and larger (much to the dismay of my mother) as more girls came over each week to watch my favorite show. As this progressed I made more girlfriends and became greater friends with the girls in the ward.
current events: Egyptian President Mubarak steps down. Violence in Libya begins now following the example of both Tunsinia and Egypt.
March.
My tween dreams came true by getting to meet Lance Bass! Was forced to go on a camping trip to Joshua Tree, despite my disdain for camping. Slowly started going on more and more dates.


current events: An 8.9 earthquake rocks Japan, creating a tsunami and devastating the country in the aftermath. Charlie Sheen goes crazy!!
April.
Went to Utah {again} for a quick trip to see friends and attend General Conference.
current events: William and Kate get married!!
May.
Went to Catalina Island with Christina and suffered from third degree burns. not really. but kinda. More dates ensued throughout the month. Finally get more in the Dodger spirit.
current events: Osama bin Laden is killed by the U.S. Navy Seals
June.
The beginning of summer! and became super bummed with the first time not really having a summer break and getting super annoyed with the unemployed boys im friends with that partied all summer long. Went to Lake Arrowhead with my friends. Spent a weekend showing M'Kynzi around all the beauty of LA. I got to add another douche bag to my list of boys dated. I had a Lanai reunion in Temecula for Ronnie's wedding and got to see all of my fave Lanai friends. Dodger games.
current events: Drug violence in Mexico continues, 17 people killed in Monterey in one shooting.
July.
My parents went to Europe for two weeks! and I had a party at the house each night they were gone. Kidding. {or am I!?} Laura and I brought out our inner tween and went to the NKOTBSB concert! seriously, best concert ever. I went to Utah {third time this year!} for a Robins family reunion, a Katy Perry concert and to spend time in North Ogden with Kelly. Dodger games.
current events: Carmeggedon threatened to shut down LA but was actually a bust. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II opens and grosses $91 million in the first weekend! Casey Anthony is found not guilty.
August.
Kelly and the kids come to visit for a week! I took off work and got to go to a dodger game, the beach and lots of time at the pool. Taylor got a job in West Hollywood. Meaning we got to meet up for dinner during the week and celebrate his birthday.
current events: A 5.8 magnitude earthquake hits Washington, D.C. shocking the DC area and damaging the Washington Monument. Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO.
September.
My life starts to get real crazy and stays that way for the rest of the year, as I literally go out of town every weekend. The best part of the month was going on a 7 day cruise to MEXICO. I tanned at the pool. Snorkled and parasailed in Cabo. Zip lining in Puerto Vallarta. seriously best week of my life. The next weekend I ran in the Ragnar Relay Series in Napa Valley!! Surprisingly loved it so much! After not seeing each other for over a year, got lots of reunions with the King of Lanai, Nick! I feel in love with my new baby niece, Lyla Robyn.
current events: The 10 year anniversary of the 9.11 terrorist attacks. Occupy Wall Street begins by taking over Zuccotti Park.
October.
Two Robyn concerts with Taylor! Went to Sacramento, Vegas and Phoenix. Had a reunion with my DC roomie Jessica. I had to have a teary farewell with my best friend Chanel as she was leaving to go on a mission. A Las Vegas fling ends as he is also added to the growing DB list.
current events: There was a crazy finish to the baseball season. The St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. President Muammar Gaddafi is killed by Libyan troops. Steve Jobs shockingly passes away.
November.
Kelly and the kids make another visit! We go to Universal Studios {I have a seasons pass if anyone wants to come with me!} and celebrate Seth's 10th birthday. Another road trip to Las Vegas. Which sends me into a little mid mid life crisis. My family and I attend the horse races on Thanksgiving for the 2nd annual time. running and running after a ragnar hiatus.
current events: Frank McCourt agrees to sell the Dodgers! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Allie and Roberto break up. Dr. Conrad Murray is found guilty in the MJ trial.
December.
I ran my first 10k race!! Christmas parties, looking at Christmas lights, Christmas gift exchanges. I attended three work parties, does this mean im an adult?? And still to come: a Lanai NYE reunion at Lake Arrowhead and Disneyland.
current events: Chris Paul gets traded to the Clippers, an uprising of Clipper Nation. The leader of North Korea dies.
This was definitely a different year than last year.
I definitely far exceeded my 2010 goal of "have more fun."
I enjoyed making great friendships and strengthening the ones I already had.
I feel like this year I truly enjoyed my life. This year was consumed with lots of funthings {like go on a cruise with just my girlfriends, run TWO races! and go on lots of weekend trips} as I took a breather, wasnt so stressed and had a job.
however, is it bad that Im going to have the same goals as last year??
I want to move out.
I want to find love and not date douche bags.
I want to go on more trips.
I want to run more.
2011 was definitely a good year.
And Im excited for the adventures of 2012.




















5 comments:
Great post. And I love that you added current events. Great idea. Kinda want to copy it. Btw your last 2 posts are not showing up in reader. And yes, please let's put a stop to dating db's
Girl! The only thing I don't love is that you didn't make a trip to AZ..oh wait you did and didn't see me...you owe me another trip!! Keep on running girl! Come move to AZ :)
Leigh, I love this. I laughed out loud when I saw you had current events because...you're such a history nerd! We may need to make a reunion happen again in 2012!
I still wish i had met lance bass. i just need to come visit your office...
You are so cute in all 12 months. Stop it ;)
Post a Comment