Wednesday, June 22, 2011

i love him. on my own.

Three years ago I was in a little place called London. 
We didnt see too many plays (which I regret now) but I was insist on seeing two specific plays.
Phantom of the Opera as it is my childhood love.
And Les Miserables. 
I feel like I was super insist on seeing this play although I knew nothing about it.
 I just knew it was GOOD. and a must see. 
I went with four of my friends but ended up having to sit by myself. Which was not cool because like I said before, I knew nada about the play. And with unexpected and nonstop singing I could never get my head around the play. Leading to a little recap for me during intermission.
Nonetheless I was captivated.

Fast forward to the Summer of Dreams of 09. I worked on my tan all day at the Peaks while I read Les Mis!
And that is when I fell in love.
A story of love, sacrifice and devotion. Such a sweet and yet heart wrenching book but as I closed the last page just smiled and said, I loved that.
However, I was disappointed. I thought I would never be able to see the play again. At least not for a long time.

But alas, I dreamed a dream and it came true!
Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Tour!
No doubt about it that I would be seeing this fabulous play with Lillie. Luckily we convinced Christina to come with us.
My favorite duo and me!
Our night started off with dinner in Little Tokyo with Mr. Ramen.
yummy ramen noodle bowls.
order the mini bowls fyi.


loved when we rotated our bowls to try each others.
And then literally a race to get to the Ahmanson Theater on time for the show.
We were running a bit late that night. And you know me. I absolutely hate being late. And I was not about to miss any of the show!
I navigated well through the streets of downtown, drove kinda fast, and hyperventilated through the parking lot and sped up the escalators.
Our seats were ideal!
And snapped a few shots before we got in trouble.
The show did not disappoint!
(even sans revolving floor)
The music was incredible. I got teary eyed and the chills, happy and sad. Just loved it all and really didnt want it to end.
I am obsessed with Les Miserables.
Its my favorite.
The Book. The Play. The Music.
Its been nonstop soundtrack for days!
Anyone up for seeing it with me again?
 and im not even joking. 

3 comments:

Laura said...

i will see it with you. hey, you need to come over again soon so we can plan a few excursions. one being NKOTBSB

kelly l said...

Uh, when are you going to nkotbsb? Not even cool. I can't even make a full comment now.

agirlnamedgay said...

i'm going to les mis in july. guess i better read the book so i can fully appreciate it. k and the only part i'm not sure about is SB- Santa Barbara? just hangin tough....you know.