Wednesday, June 15, 2011

oh hey Lake Arrowhead!

If you couldnt tell I really to party with my friends and especially go on weekend trips.
This last weekend proved no different as I took off to Lake Arrowhead with NR3 to Tom's cabin. 
Here is a little recap of our getaway including all the fun and drama that went on during the weekend.
I have to point out my guy friends are slackers and have no jobs, and hence were able to skip town Friday afternoon.
 The working girls followed up Friday night.
 The drive there was good until we got to Arrowhead and got super lost. Little did we know that the address Tom told us did not register on our GPS, so instead it led us super astray. We drove around the Lake for over an hour, drove down the smallest and sketchiest side streets, scared that an axe murderer was going to jump out of the woods and kill us, all while frantically trying to put the address in three different GPS's and talk on the phone to Tom in  hopes of being navigated. And dont forget about Linden's nose bleed and getting pulled over by a cop. 
(apparently I have problems with getting lost in the woods, huh tay!?)
Not a grand way to start out a weekend trip as the boys found humor in our frustrations and the other girls were super pissed.

We got over it as we stayed up till 4 AM playing Battle of the Sexes, laughing hysterically at what the boys thought PMS stands for, rounds of UNO and the constant warming up by the fireplace. 

Saturday felt like the longest day of my life. We packed in so many fun adventures. 
Big pancake breakfast brought to us by the boys.
Lazy afternoon spent at the Lake, laying out on the dock and taking in the scenic views.

I had never been to Arrowhead before and I was amazed at the beauty of the Lake. Seriously gorgeous.
The sites of California continue to amaze me.
Most people know I kinda have a phobia of water but for some reason I really wanted to go in the lake. and not just casually get in, I wanted to jump. So after all the boys went in (and told us how cold it was) I got up and made a run for it and jumped in the lake. I feel like that jump kinda changed my life. I might actually get in the ocean now. (might.)


After being out on the dock we explored the town.
loved the trees.
friendship flower. 


 Immediately bought some amazing ice cream. We couldnt resist those waffle cones!

Barbecued for dinner. Also brought to us by the boys. AKA Bray'd and Ryan.

More UNO.

Watched a movie by the fire and made smores.
And the highlight of the trip: midnight jump into the lake. 
Earlier in the day we all decided to jump in at midnight. But after watching a movie, in our sweats by the fire we were all less motivated, sans Tom and Stephanie. In the time it took Tom to change back into his swimmy, Steph had convinced all of us to take the swim.

I wish I had a photo of all us lined lined up on the dock.
Pitch black besides the beaming moon and millions of stars with the lake perfectly still and all of us on the dock.
 cold, nervous and definitely apprehensive.
Not surprising was that the girls hesitated to make the jump, once we counted off, until after we saw the boys go first. Wouldnt put it pass them to go out there and just trick the girls into jumping without themselves going in first. But they did it.
So.Much.Fun. Loved that jump.
We immediately ran to the house to be warmed up by the fire. Played more UNO and had some crazy dance parties.
Sunday.
Went to Church.
Went on a drive.

Took a stroll around the lake.

Laid by the dock some more. 

And almost got thrown into the lake by the boys. I kicked and screamed to get out of that one. So I may or may not have started it by squirting them with the squirt gun. But worth it.
And that was our trip!!
I absolutely LOVED everything about it.
Music being played nonstop and chilling with some of my favorite people ever.

Thanks Tom!
cant wait for LA Round 2!!

4 comments:

B said...

Wow!Your trip looks like so much fun! Wish I could go there this weekend.

kelly l said...

gee, you're like a major party girl.glad you're having fun!

Laura said...

why do i not know that you are scared of water? weird.

Jaron and Alyssa said...

you better not go on the ocean! We stick together on that!! Oh and I am so jealous of your trip! Next time I am in cali can we all do something fun! You will have to let my hubby come too!