Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goal #4. Check.

2011 is already looking a lot better than 2010.
I am starting this year off right.
 Something that has stressed me out the most in my life this past year has been being a college grad and being in limbo without a job. As a result, one of the goals I made for this year, as mentioned in my last post, was to get a job.
And as of today...
I have a job! 
woohoo!!!!
Like a real one. 
As in, working 40 hours. 
One that doesnt have a deadline on it. 
And I couldn't be more excited. 
I can not wait to start working and learning. 
I feel extremely lucky and blessed to have this opportunity and work.
I need to give a huge thanks to my brother Matt, for despite his snide comments to me about being unemployed, he set me up with a temp agency as soon as I moved home, giving me pretty constant work and money. 
He made phone calls about teaching. 
He got me a job interview. 
He sat with me, in frustration, looking at monsters.com and craigslist.
He hugged me and told me everything was going to be ok when I cried in frustration.
He coached me in my job interviews. 
so thank you mattie! you are the best.  

now lets just hope the rest of these goals start getting checked off too. 

8 comments:

BBS said...

Congrats Leigh!! What is your new job??

Laura said...

whoa, where is my shout out for getting you the actual new job??

Heather said...

Jobs are pretty cool things to have. What is said job?!?

Evan and Amber said...

I wish I had a Matt in my life...still working on that "LIMBO" thing! Congrats!

Allison Barker said...

YAY! I hope the first couple of days have been GREAT.

B said...

Congrats! What's the new job?

Erin said...

Awesome! Hope it's as fun as Oak Cayon!! LOL! Good luck!

kelly l said...

congrats leigh. mom told me the other day. and good job matt. i love that laura is feeling deprived of recognition.