Sunday, January 23, 2011

Utah Trip.

There are some things about Provo, Utah I just dont miss. 
I don't miss the cold and the snow. 
I don't miss homework and studying. 
I don't miss seeing girls running on the streets of Provo in 20 degree weather. 
I don't miss seeing babies being pushed in strollers on campus. 
I don't miss Provo All-Stars and tools.

I do, however, have a few things that I miss.
I miss campus life. 
I miss Cafe Rio, Terra Mia, Bombay House, J Dawgs, Gloria's and every other amazing restaurant.
I miss the dessert parties, dance parties in the parking lots or Nick Lombardo's car, ward prayer, two ball.
I miss my college life.
I miss The Lanai.
And most of all, I miss my friends.

I have said this 1,890 times and I will say it again.
I have THE MOST amazing college friends.
Blessed. Lucky. Fortunate.
Call it what you will, but I have been given an amazing group of friends. We were all lucky enough to move into Lanai around the same time and years later and separated in distance, we are still a great group of friends. I am convinced there is nothing quite like our crew.
And so, I am still obsessed with the Lanai Crew. I still get super excited when we are reunited over a great dinner.
I am still best friends with two amazing girls although separated across the world for a year and a half.
I can still jam out in the car, yell at some peds and laugh so hard as I drive through the streets of Provo with the most attractive boy to have graced BYU's campus.
I can still bond over The Bachelor and make jokes about saying "I KNOW" with the cutest twin around.
So when I headed to Provo to see all of these amazing people--of course I had a grand time--even if it was 40 degrees and snow was in sight.

My trip to Utah was much too quick. I seriously felt like a jumped around so much and didnt have enough quality time with everyone that I wanted to see. However, still fun to see lots of friends that I dont get the pleasure of seeing as much as I would like.
Here are the highlights:
--Hanging out with Annie and Christina. I loved spending time with them and having the three of us together again. Sleep overs at Lanai and with XTina. Dancing to Aqua and Mamma Mia, talking about boys and laughing over their missions.

--Seeing Taylor for the first time in about 6 months. Too long to be separated from that boy. We went to the gym together and he yelled at me like usual. We rocked to some Robyn. Crest Quest. And hanging out in his room while he cleaned and talked about life, just like usual.
i love this photo of lanai and tay. i realized i had no photos of my favorite provo place so i needed to document it. 


--A surprise visit from Chanel! Definitely a highlight. I knew she was in Utah but thought she was talking off right as I was getting in. Turns out she didnt leave until Monday so we got to hang out on Sunday. I love this girl. So funny and beautiful. And without fail I ALWAYS cry as I say goodbye.

--A Lanai reunion at the Lanai ward. The alums even got a shout from the pulpit. Taylor. Christina. Annie. Chanel and Cubstin.
--Sunday dinner at Annie's house in SLC.
--Hanging out with Cortney and Whitney and their amazing husbands. Those girls will always be my "roommates" no matter how long its been.
--J-Dawgs with Kurt. Another amazing friend. So funny and still homeless.

--Meeting my new cousin Askel and hanging with his cute mom Kelli and my uncle Rick. And although Rick gives me grief about everything, he is a pretty great uncle.

--finding out im still graffitied on the wall of the Lanai parking garage.

--Lanai Reunion dinner at Terra Mia. Pretty sure no one ordered for like 20 mins after we got there because we were all too busy talking up a storm.

--Watching The Bachelor with Allie and the Barkers. Loved chatting it up about all the scandal as we watched. Even if we did have a ghost controlling the remote most the time and James shushing us through the show.

--Pretending to be a cougar again while being on campus with Annie and Christina.
--Two trips to Cafe Rio with A&X as well as Tay.
--A delayed flight back to LA. not fun, but at least the car ride was.

It was a really fun trip. I wish all my weekends could be spent with that crew.

4 comments:

Allison Barker said...

I love the crew. I wish we were watching the bachelor together tonight! Come visit DC soon!

Laura said...

1. your friends are all really cute.

2. i love annie's ensemble with that skirt. fashion tips noted.

3. it took me a minute to figure out some of your lingo. like when you said you were yelling at the "peds" my first thought was pedofiles. not sure why, but thought that was weird.

4. when you first said you liked feeling like a cougar on campus, i thought you meant like an older girl preying on the young byu students. ha ha.

5. oh, did you have to wait 30 MINUTES for your flight? and then did you then partake in the miracle of human flight!! sitting in the sky??!??

kelly l said...

i'm glad you had fun with your friends even though you didn't get to see me on your trip to utah. next time.

T. Hoyt said...

i am so honored. excellent post lee lee!