Thursday, January 27, 2011

the party dont start till i walk in.

Last weekend was my birthday.
the BIG 2-4. 
And I may or may not have been thinking/ planning my birthday festivities since around...September. 
My most favorite birthday celebration was 3 years ago when we threw a big dessert party at our apartment after ward prayer. Whitney and I spent seriously all day baking goodies. And our apartment was literally packed with people. So packed it was kinda hard to walk around. 
This year I kinda wanted a repeat of that. 
However, I knew my roommates this year wouldn't be down with such a party at the house. 
So when I found out that Trevor--who lives in the self proclaimed party house of the ward--has a birthday a week after mine, we had a little conversation like this:

L: "Trevor! You're birthday is a week after mine"
T: "Oh no way, thats awesome!"
L: "Ya,we should have a combined birthday party, what do you think of that....??"
T: "Totally, Im down"
L: "Awesome. Party is gonna be at your house...."
It made me feel a little less guilty about having a party at the guy's house if one of the residents was a part of this party. 
I told them that I would provide food, decorations, music and invite everyone if all they did was make sure the house was clean. Seems like a simple request, but for those that have been to the house know this is almost a stretch. 

Needless to say, the party was so much fun! The desserts were good, house was clean. lots of people, good music and dancing and I was so happy during the entire thing. 

By far my favorite part was our impromptu buy of some pinatas!! Trevor had kinda joked that he wanted one. As soon as I heard that I thought it was an ingenious idea. Rudy took the liberty of buying some pinatas. After he got them he kept telling me how awesome they were but went on and on that they were so big, that he didnt think they would fit in the car. And I kept thinking "Chill. Of course they are gonna fit in my corrolla! My trunk is huge, and seriously, how big can a freaking pinata be!?" 
Ha. Was I wrong. Rudy apparently lives by the "go big or go home" idea. I have never seen such big pinatas in my life. They just barely fit in Lulu! 
And i was not disappointed at all at this decision to have pinatas at our 24th and 25th birthday parties. The boys were in charge or putting up the pinatas. And that did not disappoint either. 
What better way to enter a party by being graced with a pinata at the entrance of the house!

When it came to the pinata time, not gonna lie, I was a little embarrassed.  I mean, c'mon, Im celebrating my 24th birthday by being blindfolded and spun around to hit a child's pinata!? Once every girl had their turn and everyone got way into it, it was really fun. It took about 6 girls to destroy the Jesse pinata.
It took Trevor to destroy his Power Ranger in one swing. That boy can swing. Especially after I dissed his Giants. I think thats why he hit the pinata so hard towards me and hit me in the stomach. 

My party was packed with all of my favorite people. Im glad all of my close friends were able to celebrate my birthday with me the night before. 

Some of my favorite people include these outlandish boys. This is what happens when I ask to get a decent photo with them...
I have grown up with them and they are kinda like my brothers, and hence I have to put up with their ridiculous antics all the time. I couldnt be happier that we all live in LA together, hang out all the time and have become even better friends because of it. 


We then continued to dance until the wee hours of the night--ok, not that late--but we still danced for a long time. And I loved it. 
Birthday Party Celebration #1. Check. 
Success? Check. 
But the partying didn't stop there...

4 comments:

Evan and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evan and Amber said...

I love the pinata! SO funny...I was laughing out loud when you I saw it. So huge!!!

Laura said...

hmmm, all of your favorite people? a little disappointed still that i did not get an invite. btw, those brownies and cupcakes and cake balls look amazing...who helped make those? i anxiously await the next post.

kelly l said...

it looks like you hung someone to die on the front porch. i'm glad you had a fun birthday party. i was a big huge fat whale on my 24th birthday. you should be jealous.