For as long as I can remember our summers are filled with the Robins Rendezvous.
I love our Robins reunions--probably cause I love traditions and I love that without fail we celebrate all things Robins and that {mostly} everyone comes.
This year my parents {really Kelly} was in charge of the Reunion and so we headed up to Ogden.
Its so great to see family that you haven't seen in and that everyone is excited to see each other.
We had dinner up at Maddox's, swam at Brigham City Pool, Ice Cream Social at night and games and crafts as the finale.
I think I still spent most of my time with my nieces and nephews but I cant help that I love them the mostest.
What I love most about my Robins family is how crazy big and complicated it is.
Our reunions stem from my grandparents and their four children, my dad being the youngest of them.
It is well known that he was the "accident" child, with his parents in their 40's and siblings already into adulthood.
And so it has made quite the big spectrum of families and cousins.
There are 19 grandchildren.
The oldest being two years younger than my Dad and me as the youngest.
My grandpa would be 113 years old and my grandma 102.
We calculated that there are around 160 Robins family members and about 120 {i think?} were in attendance.
Growing up I hung out with my cousins kids. Since they were my age.
It was so good to see my closest cousin friends.
So many memories with these girls over the years.
Late nights of mafia and scum. And Whitney bossing us around.
However, I am lucky enough to have all of these cousins my same age.
Kelly had this amazing idea to make a huge pedigree chart of all of the families with their pictures from the reunion.
{Moreno's family}
{Sune's family}
{DeAnn's family}
{Danny's family}
{Yes, we are the smallest and I am claiming Lyla as my own}
It was such a great visual to see how large our family has become.
It was so incredible to see how many people have come from my grandparents and to see the generations of posterity from their marriage and their life.
I never really knew them but Id like to think they are pretty happy with their family.
Also, I miss her. A lot.

















3 comments:
I love the chart Kelly made. So cool!
Wow!! What an amazing post. I always loved you spending time with the Robins cousins your age. It has been a great family for me to me to be a apart of. Thanks for helping with the reunion.
Great post and pics. Obviously I love the ones of lyla. I'd miss her too :)
Post a Comment