We are four weeks out from the big day.
Ready or not {but hopefully ready} the marathon is coming up!
My impromptu decision is getting a little scary but exciting at the same time.
This past week I met up with my fellow marathoner Mo Milla to run our long one together.
We were able to run down Cottonwood Canyon to get the feel of what the course will be like.
It was beeeeeautiful. Full of a deer sighting and all.
Its not too downhill, which we were both really nervous of, and super manageable.
We got a little lost towards the end, causing me a bit of a mental breakdown when we had to run farther than we had originally planned.
But we finished it up at 19 miles.
Marathon training is hard, and pretty miserable at times
{5 am wake up calls on Saturday are getting a bit old}
But I will say this...
doing something that you never thought was possible is incredible.
And slowly it just keeps building. 15 mils a few weeks ago was hard but rewarding knowing it was the longest I have ever run and then running 19 its like WOW.
I mean thats a decent amount of mileage for driving, let alone running!
I have loved doing something is hard. Something that I did think I was capable of and now seems to be done with a bit of ease.
I love coming back and thinking that its hard to sit down, and then get up again
and then love knowing you can eat whatever you want. all. day. long.
Mo and I took off back to the canyon after we ran for a quick dip in the river.
Ice cold bath to help our muscles.
I thought I was going into shock it was so cold but I think a great way to fix those aching muscles.
Next week is 20, wish me luck!
And if you want to bring me a big chocolate milkshake Saturday afternoon....
I will gladly accept!



2 comments:
So proud of you Leigh! I've been having the same feelings. You worded it well. Your run looked much more scenic than mine. And a dip in cold water sounds after sounds great
Leigh, I'm super proud of you. I suffered through 17 on Saturday. Your run looked much more fun. You're going to do great.
Post a Comment