Monday, January 14, 2013

2012 in review.

Another year down. I dont think I really need to emphasis again how fast this year went by. And I think lots of people would agree. 
I'll be honest, this was a tough year. 
I guess not every year is full of roses and vacations like years past. 
But nonetheless, this was a big year in my life.
Lots of changes, which I think is one of the reasons why it was pretty tough. 
Here's the breakdown...

January. I started off the year celebrating a quarter of a century.

In the news: The cruise ship Costa Concordia capsized off the coast of Italy, killing 32 passengers. Beyonce and Jay-Z had a baby!

February. I officially started dating my best friend Rudy! It came to no surprise to our friends who saw it coming for months {perhaps years prior}

In the news: The death of 17 year old Trayvon Martin captured and saddened the nation. Whitney Houston was found dead in a hotel bathroom as a result of {shocking} drugs. 

March. Enjoyed the beach with Miss Letta, started going to CrossFit a lot, Celebrated Chaser's birthday.

In the News: The Hunger Games came out on the big screen!!! One Direction hit the charts, giving all of us the boy band we have been missing since N'Sync. 

April.  Took a short trip to Utah for my niece Ella's baptism. My sisters and I rocked So Cal Ragnar with the best team, Ragnizzle Fo' Shizzle!  

In the news: The 100th Anniversary of the sinking of Titanic. Tupac showed up at Coachella. 

May. Had an amazing reunion weekend with Amy, Allie and Nick for the Coldplay Concert! Moved to a new So Cal location as I became an official resident of the Westside. Sadly moved wards and stopped being a Sunday School teacher. Dodger games began to take over my life. 

In the news: The Super Moon! Making the moon look insanely large. Junior Seau of the Chargers was found dead in his home. The ending of my {second} favorite show of all time...Desperate Housewives. 

June.  Kelly and the kids came to visit for a week! This meant less work, lots of pool time and a trip to the beach {on a cold, overcast day}

In the news: Obamacare was upheld by the Supreme Court. Katie Holmes filed for divorce from Tom Cruise.

July. Celebrated the 4th at the Rose Bowl with Rudy for the first time. Went on mini getaways to San Diego to see Nick and Newport with the fam. 

In the news: Summer Olympics kicked off in London; America won 106 medals. Tragic Colorado shooting at the movie theater during the premiere of the Dark Knight. 

August. My Uncle Bob passed away, my family and I went to Utah for his funeral. I came back early to attend the California YSA Conference with my friends. Rudy helped me train for my upcoming half. Became unemployed at the end of the month. 

In the news: Mitt Romney appoints Paul Ryan as his GOP running mate. Lance Armstrong stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles. Spice Girls reunite at Olympics!!

September. This was a BIG month. Half Marathon. Trip to Utah--shocking job interview, and then job offer. Trip to D.C and North Carolina. Ran second Ragnar of the year. Finally let the cat out of the bag that I was moving to Utah. Really, really hard to say goodbye. Moved. 


In the news: The iPhone 5 was released, although not seen as that impressive. 

October. I started my new job and got a promotion in the same month! Went to General Conference. Went to my first BYU football game in FOUR years!! yikes. Rudy came to visit and we explored Salt Lake City. 

In the news: Hurricane Sandy surprised and devastated the East Coast. Killed more than 100 people, left thousands without power for weeks and even homeless. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel got married!!!

November: Experienced my first snow storm in 3 years! Went home for Thanksgiving. 

In the news: President Obama was {sadly} re-elected for a second term. 

December. Went on a road trip to Cedar City/ St. George with Annie and Monica. Monica joined me as a new employee at APA. Went home for Christmas, celebrated NYE with my friends and for the third year in a row, pulled an all-nighter at the Rose Parade.

In the news: The world almost came to an end.  PSY's "Gangnam Style" hit one billion views on YouTube. One of the saddest school shootings for our Nation, twenty children and six adults were killed in Newtown, CT. 

{by the numbers in 2012 I also...}
ran approximately 300 miles
read only 2 books
traveled to a new city and state
moved three times


{my 2013 goals...}
get my reading back on. Read 5 church books and 25 historical/ fun books
run two half marathons, a new Ragnar
find 5 new family names for temple work
do an active of service once a week
and to have a really fun year. 

Kudos to those that read the whole thing! Needless to say I did not expect to end the year in the freezing depths of Utah. But here's to the adventures that 2013 will bring!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

It might have been a hard year but was certainly eventful! Love your year in review. Love that pic of lyla. Again, love your world events, though lots of tragedy. You missed the Olympics though. And two half marathons? Awesome. Which ones?

Kevin and Heather said...

thanks for posting the one picture of me where I apparently am pregnant again. Good luck finding a Ragnar you haven't run!

Anonymous said...

Leigh! I love your year in review. I need to see more of you than that football game now that you're in Utah!