Saturday, December 29, 2012

Valley Ventures: Santa Anita Park

Well its the holidays and so my family finds themselves at the horse races.
{We couldnt go during Thanksgiving this year due to Laura's birthday being on actual turkey day this year, and for some odd reason she vetoed going to see the horses on her birthday. Whoulda thought??}
As a result we were able to venture to Opening Day at Santa Anita Park.
Lets just say this park is a bit classier than Hollywood Park.
And a lot more crowded! I was shocked at the amount of people.
And the horse races never disappoint.
 
We took the rest of the fam this year.
 
Not all of them loved it as much as me and my Dad...
This boy loved it! Until he realized none of his horses were winning their races. He shed a few tears. Good thing mom told him we had been "cheating" by reading up on the races in the program. Whoops.
 
We did see Gene Simmons
 
And found the bugler! I got my picture with him at Hollywood Park too!
I was so excited to see him again.
 
We stayed for about 5 races and each one of us picks a horse to cheer for.
My horses won twice!!
I could have won a lot of money on those races...
{Doesnt that smile just melt you??}
 
Its so fun. I like to pretend that now I know a thing or two about horse racing.
 And its unreal how excited you get when you cheer for your horses when ten minutes ago you knew nothing. And the people watching! Never disappoints.


No comments: