Monday, April 16, 2012

eight is great.

Last weekend I was able to go to Utah to see my sweet and beautiful niece Ella become baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
I was so glad I was able to be there, as I swore I would

It was nice to spend the weekend with my sister and her cute family. 
Definitely the biggest thing I miss about living in Utah is being able to go to her house as often as I did. 
I miss those weekend trips to the N.O so much. 
So it was nice to go back. 
Chill with the kids, become their big punching bag and eat Cafe Rio.



I was so impressed with Ella and her readiness and eagerness to get baptized. 
She is one smart girl. 
And every chance she had she would talk about her "special day" and explain to us what it means to be baptized. 

Its one of those moments when you realize that children really can be great examples to you. 
I tried to explain to her on Saturday morning that she should do lots of naughty things now and get it out of and get it out of her system, cause in a few hours it would get washed away anyway and she would be perfect. 
She laughed and said she couldnt do that. 
See. So much better than me. 
On Saturday she looked beautiful and so happy. 

Congrats Ella Bella!! 
Love you so much. 

3 comments:

kelly l said...

That was one great post. Thanks.

kelly l said...

thank you. i love you. you are the best AUNT EVER!!!!!!!!!
from ella

BBS said...

Beautiful post! Ella will just love this when she gets older...to remember her special day!