Probably since the first time i moved out to DC I am missing Utah right now. And no, its not because I wasnt at the BYU/ Utah game, although I was so sad that I wasnt there yesterday! (GO COUGS) But Im mostly missing Utah because of this kid:

Today my nephew Seth gets baptized and will be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am terribly sad that I am not there to see my oldest nephew on such a big day. Since the day I found out about Seth becoming a part of our family I looked forward to this day so much and it breaks my heart that I am not going to be there with the rest of the family. Maybe to Seth it isnt that big of a deal, but to me it is. I love him more then anything and I want him to know that I know, with out a doubt, that this gospel is the true church on the earth today, that we have a living prophet and that our Savior loves him. This decision today will make you more happy then anything else. Im so sad im not with the rest of the fam today celebrating Seth's big day. And in true thanksgiving fashion let me just give a shout out to how thankful I am for my family. I have THE best family in the entire world, and I am so blessed to have them in my life. Im grateful for family trips to Spring Training, the countless games of Mexican Train we have played and although I always lose, Mom always gets annoyed, Laura always claims she got skipped, Matt always boasts about winning and Dad plays slow-- it never gets old and my favorite thing ever to do with my family. Im grateful for moments when my dad promises to punch a guy in the gut if he runs into him, and Wade constantly mocking me and pestering me about boys, that my sisters are my best friends, and relaxing and watching dodger games with matt, my mom loving me more then anything and my incredibly amazing nieces and nephews that I love so much.





so i hope this guilt trips my family enough for not flying me home this week. kidding. im so grateful for my family and miss them. congrats seth, i wish i were there. and I dont know where I will be in three years but I promise I will not miss Ella's big day.
4 comments:
ahhhh, thanks leigh. you're the best. i wish you would've been here too. if it consoles you, seth was pretty dorky about the whole thing and he took off right after his confirmation to watch his friend get baptized and we had to wait for him in the hall for 15 minutes. but he did look handsome in his suit. i'll post pictures soon. i would've flown you home. it's just that mean mom of yours. and ella's will be sooner than we know it.
very sweet leigh. we missed you. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. i hope you hang out with me everyday.
Dude, you captured Mexican train perfectly. BTW, Laura never gets skipped, your mom always says "I hate this game", your dad always loses badly, and the game does go pretty slow since you spend most of it texting.
Where did you get that crazy picture of me? Can you put a different one up as I look mentally disturbed.
Love ya, miss ya, see you soon.
HAHA ok matt, your right. i forgot about my texting problems during mexican train. just over a week and then we can play!
Post a Comment