the countdown is set at ten.
TEN days left till Ragnar So Cal.
I dont know whether to be completely excited or absolutely terrified.
I left Ragnar Napa on a complete runners high.
It was fun and exciting. The weather was perfect, scenery was ideal.
I got to party with Bardi and loved his Vegas crew.
I got a decent amount of sleep, never got lost and enjoyed my three legs.
But then time goes by, you forget some of that fun and the pre-Ragnar anxiety starts to come back again.
What if the hills are too big? What if I get lost? Or its really hot? Where am I going to sleep? What if Im not prepared enough? What if my legs hurt? What if my foot falls asleep {again!}?
and then I have to read about some horror stories that dont necessarily make me feel all that better.
And this time around all the guys in my van are married.
How am I suppose to have a Ragnar hook up mid-race??
But nonetheless Ragnar is coming up quick. And although there will be no hook-ups, I am so excited to be able to run the race with both of my sisters! I am excited to run alongside them, cheer them on and share such a fun experience with my best friends. It will definitely make this go around more memorable and fun. And hopefully I can still run into Bardi on the course.
I just need to keep picturing these Ragnar moments to get me through my next week of anxiety.



5 comments:
leigh, i need to borrow some of your excitement. for some reason, i am nervous! this whole no sleeping deal is scaring me. and the thought of running that last leg (at least according to stories) sounds miserable. but i'll hook up with you mid-Ragnar. It might be awkward, but if it'll make the experience everything you wanted it to be...!!!
haha gay you are too funny!!! our hook up would DEFINITELY be good blog worthy. and it really is fun! i was nervous until i got there. and ya i dont know how the no sleep thing is gonna go this time. last time i slept a good 5 hours!
Im excited for you Leigh!!!! I wish I could have done it with you!!! WOOOOO YOU'RE THE BEST!!!
how exciting! I can't believe yours is so close. have fun!!
yay! I am excited to actually spend some time with you! and i will be honest, your hills scare me a little. but no shame in walking them. let's pray for some good weather and finding clean bathrooms.
Post a Comment