Saturday, March 31, 2012

two favorite men.

Ronald Reagan 
and 
George Washington
duh. 
I got to see them BOTH last Saturday.
And by "got to see"...I mean...I went to the Museum
I feel lucky to live by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. I went for the first time in High School with the Blonde Burgade and for some reason we feel in love. 
It was definitely Ronald's dashing movie star good looks that did the trick. 
Well last Saturday I went back to the museum for the first time since it has been re-done in honor of President Reagan's 100th Birthday. 
And boy. Was it good. 
The part of the library about his presidential nomination donned this plaque. 
Oh hey Mom's ex-boyfriend!! {Ive always enjoyed the stories about the outlandish dates with Mike Curb...think of how rich we could have been...}
I am always impressed with Reagan and how he was able to turn America back into good after such a tumult time. And everything that was described during those years in the 80s sounds oddly familiar to now. 
The whole place just gave me goose bumps.
I just love that man! So handsome and funny. 
I mean, how can you not love him!?
Another highlight was being able to experience the new George Washington exhibit that is being featured at the museum. 
bonus!! 
Although it was a good exhibit, nothing can come close to seeing Mount Vernon in person
I did however, thoroughly enjoy the exhibit on George's teeth.  
{Not wooden. False misconception. He was given dentures made out of animal and human teeth. I was able to read letters from Washington to his dentist explaining how much they hurt his mouth and how he needed new ones often}
I also found out that George and I had the same color hair!! 
{remnant of his hair to the right}
The one time I have ever been proud of my darker roots. 
And to top this all off it was a beautiful day. 
{part of the Berlin Wall}
Its a must see Valley Venture. 
{good words}

4 comments:

kelly l said...

sounds like fun. i've never been there. although i suspect that it will be a while before i ever go since i'm thinking it's not on my kids' "to do" list when we go to CA. some time.

Heather said...

You should get together with Jack Donaghy.

Heather said...

I graduated from the Mike Curb College of Arts and Communication at CSUN, lol. My dad used to belong to the same riding club as RR.

BBS said...

I loved this post--learned so much! Very interesting history. You look darling in your photo with Ronnie!