this past weekend my good friend Kurt came out to visit DC. Ive definitely been looking forward to this weekend trip for a long time and I couldnt wait to show Kurt around the District of Columbia. Kurt and I met over the summer and told him that he had to come out and see me while I was here. A couple of weeks later he bought his tickets and ive been anticipating it ever since. Kurt and i share a love of history, the American Revolution and George Washington. So what better place to see then the nation's capitol. here are some of the highlights from our great weekend.
Mt Vernon! I had yet to go to George Washington's home since being in DC and so i was SUPER excited to go. Kurt was also really excited to say the least and insisted on having his picture taken with everything that had to do with George. The first like 15 photos I took were solely of George and Kurt.
The Library of Congress. I had been when my parents were in town but Kurt and I decided to get Library cards so that we could go into the main reading room--the place where you can seriously look at any book that you want! It was such the process of getting our cards. You see they are suppose to be given out for research purposes only, as much as Kurt and I would have loved to do some research on George we didnt have the time for that. And I think the large and intimidating woman who asked us about that could see right through our lie. As we aimlessly walked around the reading room it was pretty dang obvious we were just in there because it was cool. It was also very obvious that we werent there for research as we had no research materials with us. ha. Kurt got his card for souvenir purposes only. Hopefully ill go back before I leave.
going to get our cards! running through the sketch tunnels, lying to the lady about research, running all over the place just to get inside, finding cool books and being super obvious.
Disc Golf. We went and played Saturday morning at the most amazing park ever! it was seriously just a forest and it was so pretty. And a really fun game. Unfortunately I have no skill when it comes to games, so i of course sucked. Good thing Kurt was my partner and he was awesome at it. 
Ben's Chili Bowl. We went out to dinner here on saturday night. Not the best food, but a must see in DC. I hadnt been yet so I was super excited to go.
We got burgers. Hold the chili.
Late Night stop at the White House. This has easily become on of my favorite things to do. Going to the white house never gets old. I love just walking there and sitting outside the white house hoping to catch a peek of the President. My favorite thing about being in DC is being so close to places like this and thats its seriously no big deal to just take a stroll to the White House.
Im so glad Kurt also has the same talent that I do--taking self portraits. easily my fave thing.
It was a great weekend and i had SO much fun! Im glad Kurt and I got to hang out and possibly triple the amount of time we had spend together prior to this visit and go and do fun stuff in the city. Living the DC life is always exciting.
3 comments:
Fun leigh! I wish I could come visit you there!
looks like you had fun. i'll call you later.
glad you had another history geek to hang out with.
Post a Comment