Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LA Dawgs: The Stand.

 Some time in my life between eating Downtown LA hot dogs after every Laker game I attended,
and the week where I ate FOUR Dodger games in the span of five days,
I realized I love hot dogs.
And proclaimed them my #1 favorite food. 
you can keep calling me the all american tween
I love me some..
Dodger Dogs
Downtown LA Dogs
Costco Dogs
NY Central Park Dogs
J-Dawgs

And because of this love I have decided to become a hot dog connoisseur. And plan on trying all of the best hot dogs that LA has to offer. 
My first stop on this journey was The Stand. 
I ventured there last week with my dear friend Lillie. 
Let me just take a sec and share how much i love this girl. 
Lillie and I became closer friends when we shared a bunk in our London flat!
She recently came home from her mission and I could not have been more excited to see her. 
She has the hottest dance moves I have ever seen. 
I love how she says "suuure"
We match constantly!
(hopefully this doesnt jinx us)
We will show up to church, dances, activities, parties or just us hanging out in either the same outfit, or matching colors and styles. 
And we love matching!
I think my favorite thing about Lillie is that we are constantly experiencing the same life situations at the same time. The transition of being an adult, the struggles through finding a job and working full time, and our biggest similarity--boy problems. 
Because of this, we are able to talk about everything and anything and I am so appreciative of our chats. 
And so...we went and got hot dogs for some much needed Leigh and Lillie time. 

We were there for THREE hours. 
I think they got a little sick of us. 
But our verdict on The Stand...
we loved it!!
I loved the layout, design and especially the classic and vintage NY feel of the restaurant.

BBQ dog.
corn salsa and grilled onions dog.
and sweet potato fries. 
to.die.for.
We were also a huge fans of this outdoor seating with the trees and lights.
Ill enjoy some summer time hot dogs here.
and i loved these dogs. 
And they have $1 monday hot dog nights. yes please. 
I will be going back there often. 

6 comments:

LanceB said...

"The Stand" looks/sounds like a pretty nice place. Location? thx.

Laura said...

my mouth is watering and i just ate dinner. i don't know what my constant obsession over hot dogs is all about. can we go friday night? it should be warm enough for outside seating.

hillary nicole said...

I LOVE The Stand! I have only been to the one in Westwood, this one looks so much bigger!

Allison Barker said...

Looks awesome. Wish i was there with you. I love the new blog look, but don't like that fact that I am no longer represented on it! haha.

Jessica Lynn said...

uhmmm YUM!!!! when I come home can i go on hot dog adventures with you?!

kelly l said...

are you using a special iphone app for your pics? stop talking about eating out. it's killins me.