Thursday, April 7, 2011

Told-YA

For being a strong believer in getting jinxed and knocking on wood
(i have my wood keychain to prove it)
I cant believe I let this happen to me...
Remember my basketball woes, where I claimed I have basketball identity disorder
I ended my post with this...

Alas, im still a little conflicted.
Ive embraced my inner LA Lakers girl.
But I will always have special place in my heart for the Jazz.
And ill just be screwed when they play each other.

I said this thinking it was no big deal
I hardly watch basketball.
I wont have to worry about this predicament very often.
And thats when I should have knocked on wood. 
Not only have I had to watch Jazz v. Lakers games this week,
Ive been in attendance. 
Not just one. 
Two.
In the span of FIVE days. 

I went to Utah over the weekend and my bestest friend Annie invited me to the game Friday night
My heart dropped when I realized the Jazz were playing the Lakers. 
Our seats were great and it was really fun to be there with Annabelle. 

side note--definitely a highlight of the game was being able to meet up with my sister Kelly at the game during halftime. 

Apparently we have this thing of meeting up at sporting events. 
But Im SO glad I was able to see her, since I was nervous that it might not happen again on my trip to Utah

. The game was so fun, however, I may have cheered for the Jazz a bit more for the Lakers.

Then on Monday night I come home to find out we have been given Lakers tickets for the next nights game.
Super excited to see ROW NINE on those tickets
Super bummed to see v. JAZZ.
Really? Really??
Just my luck. 
I went on a daddy-daughter date. 

 I wore my Lakers shirt, cheered loud, raised my arms in triumph over Shannon Brown's dunks and Ron Artest's threes.

 But without realizing it, would get excited over Gordon Hayward's (G-Hay) massive hops.
The game came to a shocking close as Kobe couldnt get off the final shot and the Lakers lost.

I was jinxed into having to choose between the two,
I am less conflicted,
 I was much more disappointed with a Lakers loss then the Jazz loss.
And I enjoy much more cheering for the Lakers.


And enjoy seeing celebrities...include Khloe K, Amy Adams, George Lopez, Ray-J, Monica, and my personal fave, David Beckham.

More on my trip to Utah to come soon...

2 comments:

Laura said...

i am glad you realized you are a laker fan. could it be they are going to playoffs and jazz aren't? i see dad opted not to wear his jazz shirt. good choice. LA fans can be a bit rowdy.

kelly l said...

i can't believe you're a real laker fan. boo to you. and i'm disappointed dad didn't wear his jazz shirt as we cheered g-hay to a win. but i guess dad didn't want to get jumped as he left the game. and i'm glad that you liked seeing me at the game. it was fun.