When I was 9 years old I had a traumatic experience.
I spent way too much time at the Louvre Museum.
And as a result, I have developed a dislike for art.
But as Ive grown a bit, visited art museums in snippets and even taught my DC students about art movements,
its grown on me just a little.
All of this being said, I was able to go to The Getty this past Saturday, one of the most amazing collections of art in the Los Angeles area.
I may not be the biggest fan of The Getty on the inside, I am a fan of it on the outside.
The only thing that gets me through those bumper to bumper traffic experiences on the 405 through the Sepulveda Pass is the view of The Getty nestled high up on the mountains.
Some of the exhibits that we were able to look including paintings and photography from Japan in the 1800's, paintings from M onet, Van Gogh and Manet and my favorite exhibit of furniture from 1700-1800 France.
Although I say that I don't like that art, it also has a very special place in my heart because I taught my students about that era of painting. At the time I just showed them pictures from the internet so they could seem them and we could discuss and analyze them.
And now I got to see the real things. It just makes me miss my students so much
(yes, almost a year and a half later I still miss those kids so much)
A big highlight of this trip to The Getty was the amazing architecture that makes up the museum.
The slabs of granite are amazing, huge landscaped grounds and on a clear day,
a breathtaking view of the ocean to the right..
and downtown LA to the left.
It was a freezing and overcast day at The Getty, but that doesnt stop me from snapping photos of all the great places.
And I even had a little camera lesson while I was there too.
Well I didnt hate my time there.
I may like art a little bit.









3 comments:
By the look of those photographs you took, it seems you more than like art just a little bit ; )
you're such a baby about museums. it cracks me up. and poor poor leigh had to go to paris when she was NINE. so so sad. i'm glad you like the getty because it is pretty awesome.
Yeah, saying you were traumatized at nine by going to the lourve in Paris makes you sound a little bratty. Ha ha. I like your pics
Post a Comment