Wednesday, July 21, 2010

buddy! buddy!

This past week my sister Kelly and her adorable four children came to visit us in California.
We were non-stop go go go all week long.
and had to endure a heat wave during the whole thing.
I dont think I have lived so much in my swimming suit as i did this past week.
I took A TON of photos. duh.
here's a recap of our week accompanied by my great photog skills.
Our festivities began on Tuesday. Despite the heat my dad and I took Seth and Ella on a hike to Three Trees. I stuck it out with Ella, she was a trooper in the heat, however we didnt make it all the way to the trees. But took a great shortcut that turned out super steep.

Wednesday. To avoid heat exhaustion we went down to Long Beach to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific. This is where my week got interesting. Kelly instituted the "buddy system" so that we could all keep track of the kiddies. Since Drewbie and I were already holding hands we became buddies. We were nearly inseparable for the rest of the week and heard the shouts of "buddy, buddy!!" multiple times. I was so happy and loved having Drewbie by my side. However, this led to some contention. Im a pretty popular person with three year olds. Everything Drewbie did, Chasers wanted to do too. Hence I got fought over. A. Lot. Which I loved, but I became a punching bag, got hit, tickled, indian burns, bum slapped, licked, spit at, zurberts and tackled. Ok, so most of that was from Drew. But still, I had to tear apart these boys all week long as they fought over their buddy. Really cute, but rather tiring as well.
Thursday. Beach day! Really dramatic by all the kids but super fun and great to escape the heat. My favorite part was holding both of the boys hands, who were a tad scared of the water, and running in and out of the ocean with them as we all screamed and laughed together. The babies were super cute and happy and I dug a great hole with Seth and Ella. Oh and then we came home and swam some more.
Friday. Swimming and more swimming. And seeing Despicable Me. Drewbie sat on my lap. And I cried at the end. And then a really dramatic dinner. Lets just say I heard a lot of "buddy buddy!" again and had to run Drew out of the restaurant as to minimize the embarrassment to my family.
Saturday. We swam. And then went bowling! I love bowling, and im a champ at it! But I cant talk about what happened in my 10th frame or I might cry over it. Drew was my picture taking buddy. We both like taking photos.
Sunday. Kelly was suppose to leave Sunday morning, but we all convinced her to stay one more day! The kids swam, ate a great dinner and then played Mexican Train. We were all pretty sad to see them go.

4 comments:

Laura said...

i like your new template. and good recap.

Kevin and Heather said...

so many things done to your body. what's a burn slap?

M'kynzi Elise said...

You changed your blog! Looks great! And I LOVE your pucker up picture. Miss you!!

kelly l said...

what you got punched and slapped on the bum? i can't believe it. thanks for being drew's buddy even if it meant for some major drama. i miss you already.