Wednesday, July 7, 2010

i love america!

Although all weekend long I kept forgetting that Independence Day was on Sunday and not on Monday, I got to celebrate on both days.
At church on Sunday I got invited by some friends to go see fireworks. When I met up at the church basically the entire ward (aka all 30 of us) were there. We headed to the nearby
fireworks show, laid out our blankets in the Ralphs parking lot and ate brownies while watching fireworks. It made me so happy!
i love america!
although, not pictures! sorry. but it was super fun.

However, Monday felt like a much better celebration.
I celebrated the 4th in the All American way.
obviously.
I got to leave work early and headed to Dodger Stadium.
Eating a hot dog, at a Dodger game with fireworks to follow.
Best way to celebrate in my opinion.
Although we lost.
Not bad luck.
With the firework show to follow and because we were sitting in the pavilion, we were able to sit in the outfield for the show!
We got to run through the bullpen and lay out our Dodger blankets where Manny hangs.
we were so excited!
my friend kissed the grass, we couldnt stop feeling how soft it felt.
i even took my shoes off so i could feel the grass on my feet.
i know, it sounds really weird. but you would be excited too if you were under the lights in a major league ballpark.
i love me some 4th of july.

4 comments:

B said...

Where are you working??

Laura said...

that does sound like an awesome game to go to...even if you were bad luck and they lost. your new dodger shirt looks cute.

kelly l said...

i'm glad you had fun at dodger stadium. i guess i would be worried if you didn't.

Gina said...

Wait. You have a job?