As most of my fellow bloggers know, I have recently relocated back to beautiful Southern California. Now moving back to LA was definitely not in my life plan. But as I stated in my review of 2009 post, I wasn't really sure of what 2010 had in store for me. Apparently what was in store was coming back here.
I surprisingly was not that sad to leave Provo. Yes, P-Town has been great to me through college but I was definitely ready to move. I did not even shed a tear.
Alright, Ronnie made me cry. And that was it.
It was really surreal packing up my room and leaving my UAC apartment since I still felt like I just got back to Provo. But as I hit the 15 and saw the Y in my rear view mirror I had no problems holding up a peace sign and hoping I didn't see it again anytime soon.
Now I would like to point out that although I ain't got no job, and I moved back in with my parents I did in fact pack my car up (excellently well I might add) all by myself. And I drove all the way by myself too. Both of which I have never done before.
I guess I am slowly becoming an adult.
My roadtrip was seriously great. For something that I usually dread doing (even if I am going with someone else) I absolutely loved being alone the whole time. (Something that I usually hate.) I spent most of the drive on the phone (thank you Taylor and Laura!) and singing my little heart out to GLEE.
First stop. Cedar City with Heather. Upon my arrival, Fay immediately had my laughing. We made dinner, then she gave me a tour of SUU and then a movie with some yummy shakes. I begged Heather to cuddle with me that night but she refused. I could not believe it. After a great waffle breakfast I was on the road again headed to my next stop.
Vegas with Bardi. Nothing is more fitting then seeing Nick Lombardo at In N Out. It was so great to see my fellow Lanai royalty and discuss our recent bouts of unemployment. Im glad Im not the only one. Then on the road again. (unfortunately I took no photos while on said roadtrip, Im sorry AJB for letting you down!)
My family wasnt sure how long my stop was going to be in Vegas. So I decided to trick them as I was coming home. When I was about 45 minutes away from home I told my mom I was like 2+ hours away. As I was driving into the Valley I was seriously so giddy to be back home and surprise my parents with my early arrival.
I believe I was hyperventilating. Shocking?
I ran in the door and jumped up and down for being back in CA. Its a good thing I came home early, because after being there for only 30 minutes my parents and I were then on the road.
Destination-- Dodger Stadium.
What better way to celebrate my arrival to SoCal then with my boys in blue and a Dodger Dog in hand!?
Ive now been home for about a week and a half and could not be happier. Now, Ive just gotta find me a job....
But in the mean time I have been seeing this munchkin on a daily basis.
And multiple times through out the day. Every time I see him he never ceases to give me a huge hug and a kiss. Sometimes he even screams with excitement as if i havent seen him in weeks. He definitely makes being home worth it. The other day he said to me (completely on his own) "Wee, Im so glad you are at Grandma's house" followed by "I wove you wee" Oh. I just cant get enough of him.
Like Ive said, Ive spent most of my time at Laura's (and she hasnt even been paying me with money, food, or clothes) and its been really fun. While at her house making dinner one night Chase requested a song to be played and I was able to snap this video. Just add it to his blackmailing collection. That file is getting pretty big.
I love his dance moves and the fact that he doesnt want anyone else in the kitchen with him. Ha.
5 comments:
clearly i love this post. hope it was as good as the original. so #1 glad i talked you into the solo drive home. #2 as much as i don't want to support a jobless summer, i sure like you hanging out with us. #3 glad you are not sick of us..yet #4 chase watched that video like 10 times and i saw him practicing a few moves while he watched it.
i'm glad that you enjoyed your drive home. and sorry i didn't keep you company on the phone. and i definitely like the video of chase. that cracked me up.
LEIGH, I didn't know you moved home!!! I am so out of the loop - a svendsen for sure. I hope you have fun in the OC. Wish I could come visit & dance with Chase too but it's a tad bit far.
You forgot to mention the real reason you came back to So. Cal.
So glad things are going well--loved the video!
Post a Comment