Wednesday, December 2, 2009

thanksgiving

I dont think I had ever been so excited for thanksgiving break then I was this year. Ok, maybe if i went home I would have been even more excited, but nevertheless, I could not wait. Mostly because it meant two days of sleeping in, not having to plan lessons and just hanging out in DC. Jessica and I had a great time hanging out together all weekend and just chilling. Thursday started off with a little pre thanksgiving work out--so i would not feel guilty about eating so much! Jessica and I spent thanksgiving with the Barker family! I have been friends with Allie and James for a few years now since we all lived the lanai and then Allie and I were roommates over the summer and it was seriously the BEST ever. I seriously have been SO glad that Allie has been living out here while I have been here. Although I definitely wish we could hang out more! It was great to be with a family on thanksgiving and especially to see James! Thanksgiving was SO great. Great food and great company. Although I was sad I didnt get to help bake or get any leftovers.


The rest of the weekend was super chill--Jessica and I roamed around the streets of DC, randomly walked to the White House and was able to see the Christmas tree delivered by a horse and buggy. We had a great time just walking with no real destination. We came across a "free stress test" and I immediately took advantage of this as Jessica claims I am way too stressed out all the time. However, the stress test was super bogus and just a way for us to buy their book. But it was part of our adventure. nothing else too exciting to report. oh except that Jessica and I definitely didnt wake up before 10:00 all weekend. absolute bliss. this photo is to prove that my brother in law matt, is indeed not special although my past post's picture may have led you to believe.

3 comments:

Laura said...

your hair looked really cute, especially with the headband. maybe one of these days i will curl my hair... i am sure matt will appreciate the new picture. i can't believe how blond chase looks in that picture. he definitely has darkened up since august.

kelly l said...

it took me a minute to figure out what you meant by not special. and i too like your headband. are you curling your hair with rollers? if so, i need to get some. i curled my hair for the first time in months today. anyhoo, glad you had a fun thanksgiving.

P&C Dickson said...

i heard that christmas tree came all the way from arizona. but.. there's a bigger one at fashion island! (115 ft!) so you better get back over to this coast for some real holidays. (btw don't ask me how i know that about the trees and technically i will be in the south for my holiday but you get my drift)