VIVA LAS VEGAS. There is no better quick getaway for some BYU kids then Vegas. A city full of things we dont do. Nonetheless, we had a great time! I had such a great time with great friends. Fortunately I didnt have to drive, and we ended up leaving P-Town at around 3. The drive down wasnt too bad and we arrived at the Lombardo's at about 8ish. And then we drove to the strip and partied it up. We walked through hotels and watched the fire show outside the Mirage. As stated previously there isnt much to
do for us in Vegas, but there is something about the strip at night that i absolutely LOVE. It is exciting, thrilling and bright! I loved walking through all of the hotels and admiring the amazing design. And the temp was cold but obviously better then being in Provo. 

Saturday was such a great day! Sleeping in and bagels from Einsteins started the day off great. Then we went to a place called Rock Canyon Park that was amazing! Probably one of the best parts of the trip. When I first heard about this place, Taylor told me we were "rock climbing".....WHAT? I dont rock climb or do outdoorsy activities so i of course was really hesitant. Then I heard that it was more of a nature walk. Rock climbing and nature walk are two totally different things so I was super confused of what the plan of action was going to
be. We drive out to the mountains, and there is a strip of red rocks that looks more like St. George that are in front of the mountains. We go to this canyon and technically we did climb the rocks, but not in the format of when you first hear of "rock climbing." There is just a bunch of boulders that you can walk, climb up on and go exploring. It was absolutely beautiful! And the temperature was at a great 50 degrees so it was perfect to be climbing up on some mountains. It was such a great activity--something we cant do in Provo,
and it gets us out of the house and not just walking on the strip that everyone does when you go to Vegas. And a actually the best part of the whole thing is that it provided for some GREAT photo opps, which we all love.
be. We drive out to the mountains, and there is a strip of red rocks that looks more like St. George that are in front of the mountains. We go to this canyon and technically we did climb the rocks, but not in the format of when you first hear of "rock climbing." There is just a bunch of boulders that you can walk, climb up on and go exploring. It was absolutely beautiful! And the temperature was at a great 50 degrees so it was perfect to be climbing up on some mountains. It was such a great activity--something we cant do in Provo,
and it gets us out of the house and not just walking on the strip that everyone does when you go to Vegas. And a actually the best part of the whole thing is that it provided for some GREAT photo opps, which we all love.
Next on the agenda was shopping. We went to like 3 malls and walked around--of course this immediately drained my energy as I hate shopping. But I did buy a great sweater and cute gold earrings from H&M (I cant resist big gold earrings). Then off to In-N-Out for a fab v day dinner. Cheeseburger no onions and animal style fries. Yum. Back to the strip for gambling and strip clubs....ahh...JK. We hit up the Bellagio for the water show--we watched it about 10 times. We
couldnt get enough. I felt oddly like I just robbed a hotel and I was the star of Ocean's 14 or something. Then back to the same old same old--walking through hotels and taking lots of pictures of ourselves. Sometimes I feel like we do fun things just so we can take photos and then post them on facebook. Our car ride was super fun full of crossword puzzles, would you rathers and me driving stick and
stalling three times when I pulled into Provo, which was super humorous, especially Bardi who laughed the entire time.
stalling three times when I pulled into Provo, which was super humorous, especially Bardi who laughed the entire time.But we did have a fantastic time. I LOVE my friends, we had such a great time. Im so grateful for my fabulous life and all of the fun adventures I get to go on (thanks mom and dad!) as I live up my senior year and my SINGLE LIFE!
3 comments:
what is wrong with these pics? i don't see a balance of guy to girl ratio. too many girls. glad you had fun though. and you guys are lame w/ all your facebook pics. and boo hoo to you to have to go shopping.
When I think of walking the Vegas strip, I reminesce of rubbing shoulders with the illegal immigrants and crack whores that pass out all the free strip club cards. Ohhh, memories.
of course you only do things so you can take pictures and post them on facebook. and i didn't know you even remotely knew how to drive stick, so congrats on only stalling three times. glad you had fun.
Post a Comment