Ever since Laura had her golden birthday many years ago (haha) I have been highly anticipating my golden birthday. And luckily it was the best birthday I have ever had. The day started out great--sleeping in and only to be woken up by a man delivering me a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my favorite dad. I had a really easy day of school and as a present to myself I did no homework all day long. i felt very loved by getting numerous calls and text messages all day long. I got m
ore flowers from Annie, the RS, and my friend Nick. Annie made a great dinner that night and then we were off to get ice cream at a place called Spoon Me. There was probably about 20 to 25 people that came to help celebrate my birthday. That was so much fun, nothing better then celebrating with a lot of my good friends. Came home and opened my presents (thank you! i loved everything!!) and blew out my 22 candles on the cheesecakes Annie made. It was easily the best day of my entire life (--well, until our spring training trip.) On Friday night I went out to dinner with all of my couple friends. Luckily I have Taylor and he was able to step in as my date. We went to a great Italian place called Gloria's with Cortney and Paul, Lindsay and Jason, and Whitney and Morgan. See--it was
a good thing i had Tay. They are great friends, and Im glad I was able to celebrate with them. They gave me the best present--a compilation of everything golden! Gold fish, Yellow cake mix, Golden granola bars, honey, Reese's peanut butter cups, Twix and placed it all in a big yellow bowl. For pictures go to Cort's blog here.
So obviously through all of these festivities, it was the best day ever. I loved every minute of the day. It made me really appreciate everything that I have, and grateful for my amazing family and friends that love me so much and helped make my day so great. I cant believe that I am 22. And in the words of the great Vin Scully...Deuces are Wild. 

3 comments:
i am glad you had a great birthday...although i think it would have been perfect if you got to spend some of it with me and go get mani pedi's. and i don't like that the shirt i gave you is haphazardly buried under all the other clothes. love you!
I'm glad you had a great golden birthday. I was 11 for my golden birthday and don't remember anything special happening. My 17th birthday however - America was attacked. Awesome. Love ya Leigh!
happy belated little sis. i'm glad you had fun with all your married and almost married friends and i love that the ice cream place is called spoon me. lovely. tell dad that i don't remember any flowers at my door on my birthday.
Post a Comment