Wednesday, April 10, 2013

the STG.

Oh spring break. 
How I have missed thee. 
Having days of during the year is always the plus for working at a school. And spring break could not have been more anticipated. 
I went down to St. George with Auby and Chelsey for a few days. Our only escape from some cold weather of the wasatch front. 
We hiked Zions. What!? I hiked! Getting outdoorsy only has its moments. 
We hiked Angel's landed. Which I didnt know that it took four hours long (which I compared to a marathon) nor that fatalities have occurred here when I agreed to it. 
But it was fun and adventurous and I had my camelback so I felt pretty legit. 

Other activities in STG included Dixie Rock to talk about feelings and breaking down Aubry's walls. 
We hit up the St. George Temple, had a little photo shoot (pics to come!) and talked about wanting Chick-fil-A ... a lot.  Laid by the pool at the attempt to get some rays and ate a lot of Easter candy. 
Oh and stopped to get graham canyon from the creamery on the way back..

When we got back Aub dawg and I continued to do fun things everyday for the rest of our break. Including going running together (or longs walks...), getting a pedicure, and finding the best quesadilla cart SLC has to offer. 
Needless to say it was a great spring break. 
Now only 7 more weeks till my next day off. I dont know if I can handle that.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a great break! I'm jealous of that hike, it looks awesome. I don't know why I didn't do more hiking before I had kids.

kelly l said...

I'm agreed with Laura. Is your next break Memorial Day? My kids will already be out of school by then.

Ann said...

Glad you had a great Spring Break. Pictures were cool.