Monday, October 15, 2012

Pardon the Interruption

Im taking a brief blogging break from the East Coast
to share some small details of the weekend. 
Perhaps another great perk of being back in Utah is the ability to see some of my very dear friends more easily. 
This Saturday I headed down to Provo and was able to hang out with Annie and Monica. Sometimes the very best thing to do are just lounge with your friends. And thats when you know that you have made it to the BFF stage. You dont even have to be doing anything fun or crazy to be having an enjoyable time. I helped Annie organize her closet and we went to Smiths. And it was the best way to spend an afternoon. We realized that in our "old age", less is more. 

I then sped off to Terra Mia, a Provo favorite to be reunited with my DC friends. 
On my last Provo trip I saw Ms. Dixon and Ms. Pratt but this time Ms. Slade was able to join too! 
She was in town visiting from Arizona and I hadnt seen her in 2 1/2 years! Jamie and Jessica hadnt seen Naomi since being in DC! 
It was great that those friendships dont change either. We still laughed so hard, just like we always did back in our DC apartments. 
Making fun of el eds v. sec eds. Making fun of me doing more dancing in my classrooms than teaching. Making fun of my speech impediment and just straight up making fun of each other. 
Im pretty sure thats what we do best. 
I dont think I have laughed that hard in such a long time. 
Thanks for hanging out with us Naomi!! It was so good to see you. 
{sad things is, i dont think any of them will see this, since they have all giving up on blogging!!!!!}

2 comments:

kelly l said...

now i definitely don't feel bad that i haven't talked or seen you since you moved. i think you're always busy. i'm always here. love ya.

jess dixon said...

Hey! I still READ blogs, especially yours! I just don't write on my own blog. So excited you're here!!!!