I guess its time to set the record straight and make a formal announcement.
My blog is changing one more time.
I am officially living the SLC life.
If this comes as a shock to you, it is most definitely a shock to me too.
I never thought I would be living back in the Beehive State. Nor did I think I would enjoy it
{gasp! however its only been a few weeks}
Sometimes it seems surreal, and other times it seems just normal.
So I'll take that as a good sign.
Heres the run down of how this turn of events has all gone down.
About two months ago I was in Utah for my Uncles funeral and as I already knew I was going to be unemployed come the end of the month, my cousin approaches me about finding a job at a charter school in Utah in which he has a connection.
Utah!? No way. I am not moving back there, I think to myself.
However, it intrigues me and I keep in touch with said cousin.
As I go visit Utah during my unemployment {previously blogged about in last post} I get a phone call from the charter school asking me to come in for an interview.
Im sorry, I didn't even apply for a job.
They give me a tour of the school, meet with a few people, inform them I am interested in working at a school in any form possible...ding ding ding.
I am then sent over to meet with more people for an open position.
I meet with these people for over an hour and hit it off right away and felt so comfortable with them.
The principal walks me out and tells me he would love to hire me.
What!?
This is insane.
This is insane.
In the meantime another cousin had been trying to persuade me to move to Utah {unbeknownst about this unexpected job interview}
She has been checking out some places and keeps me up to date.
I come back to LA and the first thing the next day the charter school calls and offers me the job.
Then my cousin texts me and says they landed a house in SLC and if I decide to move I have a place to live.
I did no job hunting, I did no house hunting.
And all of a sudden I have both.
With a type of job that I have really wanted.
And so I accepted the job as the Jr. High Secretary/ Ambassador Program Assistant/ Dance Instructor at American Preparatory Academy.
And all of a sudden I have both.
With a type of job that I have really wanted.
And so I accepted the job as the Jr. High Secretary/ Ambassador Program Assistant/ Dance Instructor at American Preparatory Academy.
I was so hesitant to actually pull the trigger and go through with taking this job and {ugh..} moving back to Utah. Which really was the last thing I ever expected or wanted and definitely cried a lot about it. And hence couldnt even tell anyone cause it was too difficult to even think about.
But the more I thought about it the more I realized it was just too good to pass up. Almost too good. Things worked out so well that it wasnt just a coincidence. I know the Lord was watching out for me and mastered this whole scheme.
And so even if moving to Utah wasnt my plan, and leaving California and some very, very important people there was very difficult, I know that this was the Lord's plan for me and have faith that everything else will work out.
I've been here for a week and so far its been really good. Ive got some really good running spots.
And a really cute house with a cute room with blue walls.
So come visit me.
Now the truth is finally out...living the SLC life.
But the more I thought about it the more I realized it was just too good to pass up. Almost too good. Things worked out so well that it wasnt just a coincidence. I know the Lord was watching out for me and mastered this whole scheme.
And so even if moving to Utah wasnt my plan, and leaving California and some very, very important people there was very difficult, I know that this was the Lord's plan for me and have faith that everything else will work out.
I've been here for a week and so far its been really good. Ive got some really good running spots.
And a really cute house with a cute room with blue walls.
So come visit me.
Now the truth is finally out...living the SLC life.


12 comments:
You needed divine intervention. I'm glad you're happy so far and you know I'm just 45 minutes away!
welcome!!!! (back)
God works in mysterious ways ;) Glad you're happy up there, but I miss you down here :(
Good for you, Leigh! Life can be a crazy ride. This sounds like a pretty sweet gig, good luck!
this is great leigh-- can't wait to come visit you!
It's just too perfect. I'm excited for you Leigh!!
I'm so proud of you for taking this chance! I miss you lots though! I got teary eyed reading this because I just felt so strongly that Heavenly Father loves and knows you and has a plan for you. And it made me think of several conference talks on the Lords timetable and His plan. Love you!
Awesome story! Good for you! All I have to say is....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucYDhOV3WqY
I felt the exact same way about moving to NC. Things were just too coincidental to not be right. I'm working on being grateful for the move and acknowledging that Heavenly Father's plan is better than mine. We're getting there. So although I am insanely jealous of you living in SLC, I also completely understand. Also dance instructor? Your job sounds pretty rad.
Yay!!!! Ang is so excited to live with you. Who wouldn't be? You're AWESOME! Glad things are going so well.
Leigh, This whole thing is crazy, but inspired. When I saw that adorable house I knew this was the right thing at this time. I think about you all the time. Love you.
Leigh-
Thanks for sharing the life changing story. Wow! It truly is amazing how this came together! I am so excited to have you back here and hope you experience joy! I think it is just awesome that you are back in your area of education. I want photos of dance class!! Woohoo!
Post a Comment