I LOVE 4th of July.
And I love that it is a holiday that we dont forget the real meaning of the holiday.
Sure we get wrapped up in BBQ's, baseball and fireworks. But isnt that what America is all about!?
We dont forget that we are celebrating the birth of our great country. We love flying our flags, wearing as much red, white and blue as possible and stuffing ourselves with hot dogs.
And it just makes me love America even more, that we can come together to celebrate our great nation!
Ok so now for what I did on this great day...
My good friend Heather and I decided to kick off the 4th by going to Huntington Beach for the Surf City 5k.
I didnt know HB was so decked for the 4th but it was a great place to be.
Heather has been working towards this 5k and I couldnt have been more excited to do it alongside with her! {So proud of you girl! And love you even more!}
It was patriotic and really fun. And we got shirts!!!
Lots of red, white and blue up in there and I loved it.
Then off to the Rose Bowl with Rudy, his family and Trevor and Ester for some relaxing, playing catch and eating carne asade {lets not talk about this. this all american girl wanted some hot dogs.} But we did get some good fireworks in.
I love America. I love knowing that the founding fathers were foreordained to fight for our freedom in order to allow the gospel to be restored. Those men sacrificed their families, possessions and even their lives for this country.
Happy Birthday America!







3 comments:
Tell your friend Heather great job on her 5K. And I'm sure she was so glad that you ran it with her. And I am also glad to finally seeing you compromise on some of your non-negotiables, like hot dogs on the 4th. We had sandwiches and didn't go to the fireworks. How do you feel about that? I like your patriotic dress.
Carne Asada? Did you get the 4th mixed up with cinco de mayo? Geez...at least I had American hamburgers.
Thanks Leebee for running with me and being my support! Love You!
Post a Comment