Tuesday, July 10, 2012

its official.

I finally bought my plane tickets. 
For which will probably be the best vaca I will have all year. 

Washington D.C.
Ragnar.
Heather Fay {Shumway} Sandall.

All in one week! 
Easily, three of my most favorite things all combined into one. 
Probably since the day I flew out of DC, over two years ago, I have been wanting to go back. And I havent seen HFS since leaving Provo either, and once she moved to Charlotte, NC I have been wanting to take a trip out there to see her. 

So when Heather texted me asking if I wanted to join her Ragnar team in DC, it kinda seemed a little perfect. I will get to go to DC with Heather, run another Ragnar through my favorite city and also spend a few days in Charlotte as well. And of course fitting in time to see my favorite DC socialite Allie Barker! 
See. It just keeps getting better and better.  

Like I said, I havent seen Heather in two years! We have the cutest love story every. We met in High School through BYU's soccer camp, became fast friends and then decided to be roommates together freshman year. We had the best time and with our other freshman roomies, continued to live together the next few years at Lanai. Heather got married and transferred to SUU after our junior year and has now moved to Charlotte and has an adorable baby girl. 
I cant wait see them. I am challenging Kevin to full body rock-paper-scissors to share a bed with Heather for a few nights. As long as Heather promises not to drool on my bed and I get to see her crazy side during the late hours. 
And maybe one of these years, we can plan a full roommate reunion like we always promised we would! 
{love us four together. greatest group of roommates. ever.}

4 comments:

P&C Dickson said...

JEALOUS! and also mad that #1 you get to see heather #2 you bet to meet brooke #3 she invited you and not me (ok fine i know i'm in now shape to run) #4 i think i took pretty much all of those pics of you two and no photo cred and #5 that we haven't had a roomies reunion yet with all 4 of us.... but mostly just jealous. have so much fun!!

kelly l said...

i'm glad you're going. you'll have tons of fun. but don't be too surprised if heather's husband doesn't let you do the sleepover.

Allison Barker said...

can't wait for you to come!!!

jess dixon said...

Leigh, I'm soooooo jealous. Have fun!