On Saturday of our Lanai weekend we drove down to Orange County to meet up with some more Lanai Legends.
We met up at the Barker home for some Cafe Rio to see Trent Hope, James and Karly Barker and most importantly to meet baby Annie.
It was so exciting to pass this little baby around the group and share in the excitement of one of your close and long time friends becoming parents. Just added more people to the Lanai gang!
And JB was more than happy to go to the park and throw the football with Trent while the girls chatted and held Annie some more.
Trent, Amy and I then hit up Balboa Island.
Trent re-enacted Drew Ludlow's infamous story at the banana stand.
And we took a lap around the island.
We bid farewell to Trent, and Amy and I were off for another reunion!
This time with the King of Lanai, Nick Lombardo!
None other than an Italian dinner for us.
We heard a lot of "You are a vision in stripes" and other Bardi phrases.
And then back to meet up with Allie!
We sat around Yogurtland for about 2.5 hours chatting and laughing.
Some fun things from the weekend:
-Amy exclaiming "lets take a lap" at the Farmers Market
-teaching Allie about the emoticons on her iphone
-Trent discussing who had the "original" frozen banana stand with the two owners
-Amy always needed to plug in her phone
-Amy listening to One Direction for the first time. Or is it One Direction? New Directions?
-Allie filling up my car with all of her DC bottles
-witness Nick and Allie's hug upon reunion
-constant laughter
-forcing the gang to put away their phones and enjoy us being together
-leaving Yogurtland with our next reunion trip planned.
It was so great to be reunited with some of my favorite friends. Lanai will always be such a special and important time in my life. I was able to meet some of my very best friends. It always amazes me that no matter how long time has past between us, when this gang gets back together its like no time has passed at all. Its like we are back in D1, roasting smores at our illegal bonfire or chatting during ward prayer. I am so grateful for these friends and the on going effort we always make to see each other and stay in touch.
Long live the Lanai!!!









4 comments:
i'm glad you continue to be a party animal. love ya.
I've driven by the Lanai twice in 2 since getting to Utah and I've given shout outs to you both times.
hahaha thanks brooke!!!
I can't believe I haven't commented on this post yet. I LOVVEEED out trip. Can't wait to see you again-- HOPEFULLY SOON!
Post a Comment