Unlike last year, as April got closer and closer I became more and more excited for the return of my boys in blue.
Perhaps because we have a bit more promising season, a Cy Young winner, {basically} an MVP, and most importantly a new owner!!
I could probably write a whole blog post on my absolute disdain for Frank McCourt, but no one would be interested. So I wont. Just know that when the team was finally sold {for $2 billion, nonethless} I felt like it was Christmas. It was a joyous day to be a Dodger fan.
As a result of this excitement about a month ago my friends and I bought tickets for the first Friday home game.
We scored with some sweet field level seats for only $17
bought ten of them, knowing it would be pretty easy to find people to go.
{I was mad at Tom for making us behind schedule. but when he showed up decked in Dodger blue. and with a face like that, how can I stay mad!?}
Opening Day came and it was an absolute beautiful day for a baseball game.
I had been waiting weeks and weeks for Friday to attend the game.
I needed my Dodger dog. I needed my boys. I needed those Dodgers.
Friday came and it was raining. Not just any rain but a straight downpour.
All morning and afternoon long.
This is so unusual for Southern California. Only happens a couple of times a year. Why did it have to happen on the day of my first Dodger game!?
Then I realized. It was Friday the 13th.
Was this unlucky day really going to curse us in the first rain out of a game in TWELVE years!?
{Friday afternoon. A sight you dont see very often}
My friends were calling me like woah.
"Are we still gonna go?"
"Whats the plan?"
"This rain is not gonna stop!"
And I told them all the same.
"We've got 7 hours till game time. I have faith the rain will clear. Bring a poncho and warm clothes. I want my dodger dog"
Heather even said this showed my true devotion to the Dodgers as I was willing to get my hair wet for the game.
Luckily, Friday the 13th didnt ruin the game. No rain or delays.
It was just frigid cold. Never dressed so warm for a game before in 25 years of Dodger attendance.
What saved me was my Dodger snuggie! It allowed me to keep warm while I still cheered my little heart out.
The game was intense.
Nine consecutive strike outs to start the game.
Kemp home run.
Sadly the game getting tied in the top of the 9th.
And then a walk off walk to win the game.
The game got even better when we found out that because of the terrible weather {us southern CA people dont do well in sub 50 degree temps} we would be given free tickets to a game in May if we returned to the stadium the next day and presented our tickets.
And you know I drove to that stadium Saturday morning and redeemed those tickets!
Sitting in the cold was totally worth it.
{I like that price $0.00}
Congrats to all of those that legit read through this whole post about a single Dodger game.
Point proven.
I am excited for this Dodger season!!









4 comments:
I read through your whole post! Do I get one if the free tickets?? You know at least one person won't be able to go
You know I always read through your whole posts even when they're about your crazy-obsessive behaviors. I'm glad you were warm in your snuggie.
Can't wait for the Diamondbacks game! :)
Glad you got to see my DBack boys :)
Post a Comment