This should go without saying,
I enjoy any good holiday that allows me to celebrate by having a party.
So add New Years Eve to the list.
This year was no exception. Easily the best NYE yet.
The weekend party started out with a Lanai Reunion at Lake Arrowhead.
Eagles Nest with the troops.
This gang has celebrated NYE together for the last five years, and Im glad I was finally able to be included in the celebrations.
Within the hour of all of us sitting down for dinner my abs already hurt from laughter.
They never disappoint.
(and can i just do a quick side note. I love this gang. I love that we get together and do fun trips often. I love how much we laugh when we are together and that nothing seems to change, that I chat with many of them on a very frequent basis and that we've been out of lanai for years now, and yet they are still some of my very best friends. ok now resume...)
Thursday night and Friday consisted of catching up and laughing, a trip to the dock, the village, a boat ride around the Lake, a fabulous Mexican lunch and free dessert (We love you Arturo!!) and taking it easy at Trent's cabin.
Our Friday night provided the most entertainment as the Squires put together some outlandish games for us to play.
The prize?
Competing for a spot to accompany Ronnie in the handicap lines at Disneyland.
We couldnt get over that we all legitimately playing outlandish games, made up by Ronnie, just so we could talk advantage of him being in a wheelchair at Disneyland.
We played "How well do you know Ronnie?" (I got 4th place, thank you very much), a made up game called Shark Attack (which Im still mad that mine didnt count), followed by the Shark Off ("I aint Sharking Off" best quote of the night Lacey!) and a game of darts (won that one too).
Saturday was Disneyland!!
We got up ridiculously too early to get there as the doors opened. But it was worth it and we finagled those crowds like champs.
And remember those games we had to play?
Ya not needed.
All of us were able to take advantage of the handicap lines. It was really nice being able to cut some of the crazy lines and still being able to ride everything together as a group.
Highlights included:
riding Tower of Terror...three times
Trent's constant fist pumps during California Screamin'
being terrified of getting wet while riding the river rafting ride
eating Churros, a must needed afternoon snack
the corn dogs, Amy's demand for constant treats, and I could easily go on.
I skipped out of Disneyland a bit early, and although I was really sad to leave the Lanai gang, I had to get myself to the next party!
I rang in the new year with my Northridge crew at the YSA party in Irvine at Dave & Busters.
I legitimately sprinted to the doors
found my friends
and didnt stop dancing till the DJ made us.
it was packed. crammed with over 2,000 people
we partied and played arcade games till 2 AM.
no new years is complete in my book if you cant dance your way into the new year.
Sunday afternoon I had to have a crash nap to prepare me for the next activity of the weekend
Rose Parade camp out.
We got another great spot this year.
And although some opted for sleep, I just couldnt do it.
round two of an all nighter was a success.
We played some games, Rudy and I went for long walks to check out all the crazies (we saw Jesus!) and kinda just chilled.
The Parade got really sunny and warm. A little too warm for a winters day.
The parade was great.
Love the floats.
Love Japanese bands breaking down to Lady Gaga.
Love narrating the parade for the gang.
And love Tom making cat calls to the Queen of the parade even more.
And then I came home and slept.
The result of this party weekend:
Losing my voice. Viral Laryngitis. Calling in sick to work on Tuesday.
But if i could, Id put this weekend on repeat.





























6 comments:
aw man, I wish I had been there! Love that you took so many great pictures though!!! :)
Leigh you are livin la life!
This looks so fun! I love seeing so many of you guys in one place. Steven and I miss the days of Lanai!
That looks like so much fun! I can't believe how many of you have kept in touch! Makes me wanna live at the Lanai! You're living the la Leigh life (like living la vida loca?) haha
i was so worried that you'd be home all alone watching a movie with mom and dad on new year's eve. i'm so glad you finally found something to do.
I know your super jeal of my lifestyle. I was in bed by 11 on nye. Booya
Post a Comment