Thursday, January 19, 2012

a kindred spirit

***Disclaimer: This post does in no way should be interpreted as favoritism with any of my nieces/ nephews. i love them all equally***

I think about this often. 
That although Mia is my sisters daughter and possess many of her qualities (sassy, stubborn...difficult. wait, what??) I also like to think that Mia and I have a special little bond and that we are the same in some ways too. 

1. Mia loves to dip her food in any sauce she can. Ketchup. Ranch. Salsa. You name is she wants her food in it. She must get this from me. I will not touch a french fry (a self proclaimed fave food) if it is not doused in ketchup. I can only tolerate mashed potatoes if its smothered in bearnaise sauce too. 

2. We babysat the kids for a week while Laura and Matt were in Mexico back in June. I asked and begged her ever day. And after a week I convinced Mia to let me paint her nails. Since then, we have hardly missed a week. Each Sunday I take her to my room and let her pick which shade of pink she wants. I have hardly gone a few weeks myself without polish on these nails in the last five years. 

3. The last one is a new and exciting development. We were playing UNO, Toy Story 3 edition and Mia was hoarding some cards. She was holding in her hands all of the cards with the Pig on it. Perhaps only cause pigs are pink, but all Ive got to say is that Pigs are my favorite animal. 

Laura also pointed out that Mia and I have similar hair and eye color.

Perhaps its a small, insignificant list of similarities. But I like it. 

5 comments:

kelly l said...

and you apparently like showing off for the camera?

leigh said...

cram it

Laura said...

It's ok to admit you have favoritism. And you forgot that you look alike. And I don't know what your talking about her sass coming from me. Let's hope she doesn't become a food snob and have difficulty accepting change too

Ann said...

Similarities end with Mia really liking mashed potatoes and you hating them.

BBS said...

Such darling photos!