Monday, October 31, 2011

what happens on the road trip...

Last weekend the NR crew and I took off on a road trip to Sacramento.
It was a quick trip as we left Friday morning and came back Saturday afternoon. 
But we headed up there to celebrate the wedding of the NR3 celebrity couple Trester. (Trevor and Ester).
And we could not have been more excited to party the night away at their reception on Friday. 

Definitely a highlight of this trip was the road trip itself. 
I drove up with Ms. Letta, Ryan and Christina and we had so much fun dancing, singing, good chats, taking naps (i think i took like 5. each way.) and of course witnessing Ryan doing the best rendition and dance to Ke$ha I have ever seen.
 (its a must watch. find it on fb)
Road trips are so great just for that reason. I truly love my friends and am so grateful for all of the opportunities we have to do such fun things together. 

 However, before we left for Sac Town, I had one request. 
Perhaps as a lover of history and DC and never before visiting Sacramento, Ive always wanted to see the California Capitol. 
As we got to Sacramento a bit earlier than expected we made our stop in downtown.
It should come as no shock that I was overcome with excitement to see this great building. 
My friends allowed me to take lots of photos and even a nice walk around the building. 
We actually really enjoyed our stroll around the capitol and so the tree tour. Ryan was even nice enough to sacrifice his body for my photos.
Ryan provided more entertainment as he was challenged by Shylettera that he couldn't jump high enough to grab an orange off the tree. 
Which he did accomplish after many attempts.
And he did some great impersonations of squirrels and eagles.  
Oh so many laughs!

After chilling in the hotel for awhile, we headed off {late} to the ring ceremony. Followed by dinner and the reception. 
Trester could not have looked more happy or excited to finally be married.
 And Ester is easily one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen!
We took some photobooth photos and danced the night away. 
I loved being able to be there all together with our friends to celebrate and support their wedding. 

We had our after party at the hotel that night. Mostly just including trying to eavsedropping on the boys and then late night chats with the boys.

We then headed out that morning (as I needed to get back for a  concert that night...more on that later). 
We would have left earlier if the boys hadnt of taken so long.
Really? Riding the elevator for just one flight? 
Those boys really know how to push my buttons. 

We drove back with another great road trip. This time accompanied by Rudy as well. 
It was a quick trip. But super fun nonetheless. 
And what happens on the road trip...Get made into some great memories. 

4 comments:

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Sometimes I'm jealous of your single working girl life. Makes mine seem a little boring. Good thing my daughter's cute and I love my husband or I'd have to come kidnap you and take over your life... :)

Kevin and Heather said...

leigh your hair is so long again!! probably just as long as when we were freshmen, but no bangs.

agirlnamedgay said...

live it up, leigh! i'm always telling my sis-in-law all the fun things you do. and can i tell you how much i love that you love history? it does something for me....through you, ya know!