Growing up we made lots of trips to Utah.
And on all of these trips I always saw big signs counting down the miles until we reached
"Peggy Sue's 50's Diner"
I didnt know what this place was. But I figured if they had that many advertisements trying to get us to go there, then the place had to be good.
I loved always trying to spot the diner as we passed. And just stare and admire.
My parents are the type of people on road trips that only stop for gas and bathroom breaks.
So I never dared asked to stop and eat at Peggy Sue's.
Although I desperately always wanted to.
And with that it was added to my bucket list.
As I made the drive to and from Utah during my college days, there just never seemed like a good time to make the stop and go. And because its on the bucket list I felt like when I finally made the stop it had to be the perfect time to go. It had to feel right.
And then, I moved home. And came to the crashing realization that my trips to Utah were happening a whole lot less often.
Which meant less opportunities to eat at Peggy Sue's.
Which meant a very sad LeeBee.
This past weekend my friend Shylettera and I took a little road trip to Vegas.
I gasped and then screamed when I realized this would be the perfect time to check it off the bucket list.
A road trip with one of my best girl friends!? YES please!
On our way back Shy and I made the stop!
Remember how I said I get excited over the little things in life real easily??
Yup. I was pretty dang giddy. And I think I was even shaking with excitement and nervousness.
Why nervous? My whole life I have been waiting for this moment! And I didnt want Peggy Sue's to let me down!
I had no need to worry.
I LOVED it.
Shy and I were both craving the same thing.
biscuits and gravy. eggs. bacon. hash browns.
best breakfast meal Ive ever had. EVER.
Then we walked around and explored the diner.
The original part of the diner. Everything else has been added on.
It is just too cute!
Even loved the Dinosaur Park!
I dont know how I have been missing out on this place for so many years.
I will never pass it on the road again and NOT stop. Its now a must!








5 comments:
is this the first item you've crossed off your list? maybe its time to plan your trip to rome.
its called a LIFE list for a reason laura...
you're too funny. i want to hear about the rest of your trip.
I always want to stop here, too! We drove past it this weekend, and now I'm extra disappointed we didn't go.
You're lucky it didn't let you down! Not all road-side advertisements lead you down the yellow-brick road to emerald deliciousness. Like that place in Nephi (J.C. Mickelson's I think) that has a million billboards from St. George to Nephi - its a bust.
Post a Comment