And her name is Alyssa.
AJ. Boy. Slaveant.
Alyssa and her fam moved into the GH ward when I was about 11 and she was 9. And from then on I dont remember a time that we were not friends.
In HS, along with our other BFFs we formed the Blonde Burgade.
We were the GH girls and we bonded over a love for Ronald Reagan, the Spice Girls, putting up with the GH boys, sleepovers, gold fish and creme cheese and taking pictures with statues.
Before my senior year of HS I practically lived at Jennalyn and Alyssa's house. I slept over on most nights, ate dinner with their fam and spent our nights playing hide and go seek in the neighborhood with the boys and then gossiping late at night.
We think the exact same thing, talk a million miles a minute when we are together, love gnomes and making gremlin noises, still love Ronald, love dancing with each other, Zac Efron and every once in awhile we like to hold hands--I dont know why or how it happens, it just does. We even have this weird thing of taking almost kissing photos.
Now this lover of mine is getting married in 16 DAYS.
When she texted me the night of the proposal I cried, for three reasons:
1. I was oh so happy for her.
2. I was scared. I know from lots of experience that friendships change once people start getting married and I didnt want that to happen with us.
3. Honestly, I was sad. I didnt think/ want Alyssa to get married before me.
But Alyssa has turned out to be the best engaged person ever.
Although I attribute a lot of it--most of is--to the fact that her fiance is in Utah.
She still hangs out with all of us and the boys, even her ex. She still holds my hand. She comes to the singles ward, the activities, movie nights, firesides and even dances. She doesnt even know how many days until her wedding. I have to remind her.
The best part of her wedding--for me at least--is that she asked me to be a bridesmaid. Just me and her sisters--something a true sister or cousin gets to do.
I could not be more honored that Alyssa asked me to be in her wedding. It means the world to me. This is a title I have always wanted. Most girls may not like it--Always the bridesmaid, and not the bride--but im ok with that. its something you only give to your most closest and loved friends and I couldnt be more excited to help her celebrate her special day.
Because I am still scared of #2 happening from my list, I made Alyssa pinky promise that our friendship wont change when she gets married. Although we cant hold hands as much and she wont be as excited to have sleepovers with me, I know we will still love each other, gossip and get excited to see each other.
Thanks Alyssa for being an amazing BFF.
We have been friends for over a decade.
My longest lasting friendship.
My longest lasting friendship.
I love you girl...I mean, boy.






5 comments:
that was super sweet. but the almost kissing pictures are a little weird. married girls still need girlfriends. i promise you that. the problem is, they don't realize it when they are first married. it takes some time to realize that you need more than just your husband in terms of friendship. and yes, the sleepovers will have to come to an end. but that's what girls weekends are about. and i'm glad you're a bridesmaid. you were my flower girl, don't you forget it.
LEE!! I love you soo much!!! I cant wait to play this weekend... tomorrow i have work agian until 9...lame i know! I guess that is not too late to party!!
awww, alyssa is such a cute boy. and don't you forget that your were MY bridesmaid
oh my! this is so sweet! i adore you two girls!!
WHAT SHE ALYSSA ENGAGED!!!
Post a Comment